Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Beware Of This Arrow Rest >

Beware Of This Arrow Rest

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Beware Of This Arrow Rest

Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Beware Of This Arrow Rest

I bought the Trap Door Arrow rest about a year ago and went through last hunting season with it. I have had nothing but problems with it. The concept was somthing that appealed to me as i was talked into purchasing it at a local bow shop. The rest involves no strings and is totally inertia driven, before shooting you must prop up the launcher which is then dropped.Last Season the rest failed as it would not rise up to hold the arrow during a prime day during the rut in early november. I called the company and said that the rest was set too sensitive and parts shrink in the cold. This summer while shooting 3d the sensitivity was once again affected by the heat. This rest is nothing but trouble i give its design and materials two thumbs down. BEWARE OF IT. I currently have it packaged in a box with all the nuts and bolts to send back to the company to do with it what they want because i wouldn't even let my little cousin put it on his starter bow. Total Junk..
Old 08-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Beware Of This Arrow Rest

I had one a few years ago and experienced the same thing. I would be sitting on stand with my bow in the holder and hear a plunk. The rests magnet had let go and the arrow hadfallen. This happened twice and the rest was gone in the middle of hunting season.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had one on my Alpine bow when I made my 1st bowkill. It was a 100lb hog. The hog was one of a sounder of 20. The rest cost me a second hog. I fumbled around with adrenalin pumping through me by the gallon. I could not set the rest. Before I could get ready to shoot the hogs ran off. With a drop away I could have nocked an arrow and killed another. The rest came off the same day.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

I believe that they have discontinued making the trap door alltogether. It is currently not even listed on the Montana Black Gold website.