Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Vectrix, XL, or Drenalin >

Vectrix, XL, or Drenalin

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vectrix, XL, or Drenalin

Old 05-23-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Vectrix, XL, or Drenalin

I recently began looking for a new bow and I'm going to start shooting them soon. I previously owned a mathews Legacy and loved it. I wouldn't be getting a new bow but mine was stolen out of my truck. I use my bows for hunting and competition. I'm just looking for outside opinions on other experiences on the Drenalin, Vectrix, or Vectrix XL in accuracy, noise, ect.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vectrix, XL, or Drenalin

I know several folks that have chose between the same rigs this season and nearly everyone chose the Vectrix! It's funny you mention the Legacy, my Dad finally got rid of his Legacy this season and just didn't like the Drenalin or the SB XT as much as he did the Vectrix. Of course, bottom line is that you are the only one that can decide the perfect rig for you. For me it's the feel and grip of the Hoyt that makes them feel so much better. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why limit yourself to just a few bows. There are a lot of good bows out there to try that might surprise you.

I tried the Vectrix and theDrenalin and bought a Bowtech Allegiance. However, everyone is different and for the money you spend you are cheating yourself if you do not try as many choices as you can before making a new purchase.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:24 AM

If you can't decide, do what I did, get the Hoyt, the Mathews, and the Bowtech.

Ronin[8D]
Old 05-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

The archery shop I use carries Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt. I shot a Drenalin, Guardian and Vectrix side by side. They're all great bows but it came down to the Vectrix and Drenalin. I liked the grip better on the Vectrix but I liked the weight and the draw of the Drenalin better. I ended up goingwith the Drenalin.

That's just me though.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with dave on this one,

There have been many threads on here where people compare "top of the line" bows, but for Bowtech only include the Guardian. While a great bow, it is too different for some people. I think that if you don't like the look and feel of the Guardian, that other Bowtechs like the Allegiance or Tribute should be thrown in the mix, b/c they will compete with the Drenalin and Vectrix.

I also shot Guardian and Drenalin side by side, but ended up with the Tribute (almost Allegiance). Again, this is all preference, but only shooting the 3 mentioned does not represent all options. For example, lots of people here have also been talking up the Ross Cardiac.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:09 AM

I have a Vectrix, Drenalin and Cardiac (some people buy shoes, I buy bows). Out of those I like the Vectrix best, but I would hunt or shoot with any of them and be completly happy with any of them, your not going to go wrong with practically any new bow on the market. Shoot them all, find one you like that fits your budget and buy it. It's that simple.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:38 PM

I have heard bad things about the dranalin. That it is not worth the money and not as good as other bows of that price range. I cannot confirm this info because i have never shot one but my source is a hardcore bow guy. Personally I would go with the vectrix, damn that thing is sweet! Someone told me that if u are a taller person u should buy the XL because it would be smoother drawing. But i am 6 feet tall and have a 32" ata bow and it feels fine.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

I have heard bad things about the dranalin. That it is not worth the money and not as good as other bows of that price range. I cannot confirm this info because i have never shot one but my source is a hardcore bow guy. Personally I would go with the vectrix, damn that thing is sweet! Someone told me that if u are a taller person u should buy the XL because it would be smoother drawing. But i am 6 feet tall and have a 32" ata bow and it feels fine.
I would say that if you already have the Switchback then I wouldn't buy the Drenalin, it's not that big a difference to spend that kind of money.
Like i said, there is very little difference in most of the top-of-the-line bows out there,but I would say the Drenalin ranks up there with those. Still like my Vectrix better.