Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The general VS. Drenalin/DXT Vs. Vectrix >

The general VS. Drenalin/DXT Vs. Vectrix

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The general VS. Drenalin/DXT Vs. Vectrix

Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The general VS. Drenalin/DXT Vs. Vectrix

I shot the DXT the other day and i loved it. very head turning to me. i shoot a hoyt. Totally impressed by the dxt. im sure the drenalin is basically the same. however, im worried about the dxt not being forgiving and "consistent" enough b/c the short ata. anyone who owns this bow please chime in and tell me if it is or not. i love the feel and everything about it but i wont sacrafice consistency for a little speed and length. ive never shot nor read any review of the general but being a bowtech product im sure it is of high quality just like the mathews or the hoyt and many other bows.I know abit about the vectrix but i dont know any owners of one so i dont know how it shoots on paper. im not looking for a war, i just want to know some of the perks and attributes of all three. i know i need to shoot both but shooting them onlygives you knowledge of feel,speed,and loudness. not accuracy andconsistency. I shoot a lot and hunt a lot and i am looking for a suitable bow. the general has a 8 1/4" brace height which is huge and that is why i want to know more about it. does that aspect make it more consistent? cost or brand is not an issue, i just want some facts. pros and cons, not brand wars.thanks in advance, and sorry for the upbringing of this b/c i know these are controversial but thats not what im looking for.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The general VS. Drenalin/DXT Vs. Vectrix

Regarding the "shootability" of the DXT, you'll get alot of differenent responses. Personally, it took me probably a month of shooting to get used to the ultralight weight more than anything else.Now I'mcomfortablepracticingout to60 yds andabsolutely loveshooting the bow. So yes it is forgiving and nice to shoot, justfeels different than most bows so ittakes awhile to get used to it, for me anyway. I've read others that said they picked it up andimmediately starting shooting robin hoods,but that wasn't my experience.

The General is a fine bow, in fact it was my 2nd choice. It is an absolute awesome bow to shoot, when they say it has zero shock, it is 100% true. But the draw cycle sucked to me, but in all fairness I found out afterward that the bow not being set to my true draw length could have explained my experience. It's not as fast as the dxt but I still would have bought it had it not been for rough draw (I hadn't shot the dxt yet). I also shot the airbornes, but I didn't like the longer a-a. Just personal preference.

On to the Hoyts ... the Vetrix didn't do much for me, but the Katera did. It was my 3rd choice overall. It's a little faster than the dxt but had more hand shock.

If you can find one, you might also look at the Elite GTO's, they are getting some good reviews from unbiased sources.

You're in a perfect position when money nor brand is a deciding factor. Have a blast shooting them all and pick which one you like. You can't go wrong with any of them really.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

HOYT
Old 03-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am not really fond of short A to A bows, but I rigged my General for Turkeys and have been shooting it the last couple weeks. So far I have been totally impressed by the Stability and Forgiveness of this Bow. It will Flat out group some arrows.

Dan
Old 03-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. SSH, that was great, exactly what i needed to hear. thats what i wanted to know. i loved the feel of the dxt adn how smooth everything was but i just wasnt sure if i was going to be able to shoot distance with it and be consistant. mean v2 i feel ya there, i know short ata isnt for everyone and thats why a lot of people (like me) would have a hard time buying a short bow, but after i shot it, i was turned around. i am shooting the general friday at a shop and i am very excited. i hope i can make my decision then, but from shooting the dxt, it is going to take just as good or better performance from the general. i will also shoot the katera. im happy this time going to buy a bow, i have no budget and am completely unbiased going into this so i should be able to buy the best bow setupfor me.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

I love mine and right out of the box I was shooting tight groups with it. It is a short ATA but it seems to be forgiving. The drenalin is about the same but it has the longer ATA. They both have vertally no hand shock and are real quiet.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

ive never shot nor read any review of the general
This should prove helpful.....

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=818
Old 03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks. that was a good review. im excited, tomorrow ill be shooting the katera and the general. i should be able to make my decision then.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:43 PM

just my 2 cents, if you dont shoot the 101 airborne then you will never know if you made the right choice, i shot every bowthat i could, the are all awsome they all feel different, so good luck you wont go wrong
Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM

Maybe a little bias but I would go with the Black Ice. Of your choices however, I would have to say the Drenalin. I like the Vectrix too but to me it was a tad heavy and seemed to shoot better in the longer version.

Quick Reply: The general VS. Drenalin/DXT Vs. Vectrix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.