Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight >

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Old 05-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Sorry fellas, been travelling all day... just got to my hotel room in Denver.

To answer your question, Avalanche... the Hot Dot is just like any other pin sight, and the use of a peep is recommended unless you practice perfect form and execute a consistently repeatable anchor every time.

And yes, bloodcreek... you may have noted a few posts at 2 or 3 a.m.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Received my Hot Dot yesterday and WOW what a great site. I actually sighted mine in during a drizzle I was so excited to test it out. The sight works great. I was hoping it would allow you to eliminate your peep, but I put a G5 Meta peep on and it really opens up the sight picture. The only complaint I have about the Sight is the adjustment wing knobs, Just a slight turn allows the sight toslide too easily, precision marks on the adjustment would have been nice also. I would highly recommend this sight.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 PM

Hey Greg....did you post this exact review at AT? I remember it over there.....I'm going to have to look up that post again and remember your name over there, cause I've always enjoyed reading your posts and have learned a lot from what you have to say.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:30 AM

I never hunt from a treestand, but this sight still seems like it would be perfect for me from within a dark blind. It gets so dark in my Matrix on a cloudy day in the deep woods that I can't even shoot all the way up til legal time. I've installed an Anchor Sight and taken off my peep this year, so that should help, but this still looks like it would be great in my situation. Especially considering I'm also sheltered from the rain while in the blind.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, doublelunginem... those words are much appreciated!

Corvus, that would be an awesome use of this technology. Perfect sight for that application. I've got an upcoming antelope huntwith some friends that I'll keep that in mind for.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:01 AM

Greg, great review. I will take a closer look at this sight as I am looking at getting one in the next couple of weeks so I can be comfortable with it by September.

I was looking at getting a red dot scope for the exact reasons Corvus mentioned in low light conditions in the woods and blinds I often hunt. To give me a brighter pin and to eliminate the peep. Last year, I left the mesh open on my blinds one morning to see better and got busted. [:'(]

I've never really investigated pedulum sites in general so don't know a lot about them. From reading you review, this sight would compensate for any distances in between 0 and 30 yards on the ground as well as treestand, if I had sighted it in at 30 yards? Given I did everything properly? That would be wonderful.

Also, if I wanted to eliminate my peep, I'd still probaby want to initiate some sort of anchor point in conjunction with the site like a kisser button? Correct?

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice. Great review. Perhaps I will have to burn a few Cabela's gift cards on it if they are selling this product yet.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 AM

If you want to eliminate the peep, look at the Anchor Sight. I tried the Timberline No-peep, but had a very hard time seeing it in low-light. The Anchor Sight is much bigger and brighter. They also give you a little blue LED that you can shine on the fluorescent background to make it glow.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Greg/ MO that is the best review on any piece of gear I have ever read. Good job and more importantly. Thank You!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:11 PM

Awesome review Greg!!!!!!! I have been eyeballing this sight for a bit.Your review has given me the urge to get one .Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Spike

Just wondering if the sight has been cold tested. I hunt MN and it can get pretty frigid. Many electronic devices can't stand up to it and I was just wondering about whether Summit had the foresight to test this aspect of hunting.

Quick Reply: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.