HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 08:01 AM
chucker34

Default RE: Review of Summit's Hot Dot sight

Greg, great review. I will take a closer look at this sight as I am looking at getting one in the next couple of weeks so I can be comfortable with it by September.

I was looking at getting a red dot scope for the exact reasons Corvus mentioned in low light conditions in the woods and blinds I often hunt. To give me a brighter pin and to eliminate the peep. Last year, I left the mesh open on my blinds one morning to see better and got busted. [:'(]

I've never really investigated pedulum sites in general so don't know a lot about them. From reading you review, this sight would compensate for any distances in between 0 and 30 yards on the ground as well as treestand, if I had sighted it in at 30 yards? Given I did everything properly? That would be wonderful.

Also, if I wanted to eliminate my peep, I'd still probaby want to initiate some sort of anchor point in conjunction with the site like a kisser button? Correct?

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice. Great review. Perhaps I will have to burn a few Cabela's gift cards on it if they are selling this product yet.