Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Predator Fall Brown fans can rejoice! >

Predator Fall Brown fans can rejoice!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Predator Fall Brown fans can rejoice!

Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Predator Fall Brown fans can rejoice!

I think the biggest outcry over the past couple years I've seen from Predator fans has been the slowly diminishing stock of the Fall Brown pattern fromacross the country, and specifically the disappointment in the fact that Predator itself decided to discontinue the pattern due to its close likeness to Fall Gray.

I was talking to Jeff Aulik of Gray Wolf Woolens today, finalizing some orders for an upcoming elk trip in August when I learned that he just got a huge shipment of Predator Fall Brown in Wolfskin in at his store...

I know Wolfskin has received a lot of press over the last year or so on this forum, but for those not familiar with it, it's very tear resistant, burr resistant, wind resistant andextremely water resistent (it has a polymer treatment called DWR, or Durable Water Repellant which penetrates the fibers and lowers the surface tension of the fabric, causing water to bead up and roll off the garment instead of being absorbed.)

If Wolfskin does get wet, it dries in minutes and even feels dry after going through the spin cycle of the washing machine. Wolfskin will not fade or shrink -- and will not get stiff in the coldest temperatures like fabrics with waterproofing sandwiched between layers which are prone to freezing like Buckskin.

If you've never done business with Gray Wolf, you're in for a treat... Jeff stocks a large variety of garments in 27-ounce, 100% virgin wool as well as the Wolfskin in Predator camouflage patterns in addition to his proprietary Intrusion camo, which is another great open-concept pattern. Stock offerings are available, and custom garments can be tailored for individual fit to include sleeve length, inseam, and waist alterations -- as well as special featureslike bino pockets, grunt-tube pockets, elastic sleeve adjusters, back tag holders and hidden snaps.

You can see more at www.graywolfwoolens.com, or give Jeff a call at 715-623-5399.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Predator Fall Brown fans can rejoice!

thanks for the heads up greg!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

Good to hear, thanks Greg. I'll check it out.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I'm pumped about the discovery -- out of all the Predator I own, hardly any of it is Fall Brown because I've predominantly been a treestand hunter... and I believe Fall Gray is the absolute best treestand pattern money can buy.

But for my elk trip, I'll be on the ground most of the time and I'm considering the FB, even though I know Gray works wonders on the ground, too. Might as well mix it up -- especially given the number of outfits I've got in Gray anyway.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Greg. 'Favorites' list updated!!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Greg said - the best stuff money can buy!