Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT >

Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Old 04-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

The garbage about the limbs was a marketing ploy. Supposively the bow was crushed in a bow vise and then the pictures were posted by a Mathews hater. My shooting partner is a mathews bow rep and works at the local archery shop, he said this would be impossible otherwise and i believe him.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:17 PM

I like the first sentence, limbs and garbage. They havent been around long enough to prove themselves in my book. A friend of mine bought a new outback a few years back and had the top limb fail, when he took it in to get replaced mathews sent one limb. He was not very happy about it. Now he shoots a bowtech. His little brother just bought a drenalin and likes it a lot. I am skeptical of the narrow limbs, We will see what the future holds.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 PM

How hard is it to put on a new limb on an Outback? What did your friend expect Mathews to do, give him a entirely new bow? First, the limb material on a Drenlin is supposively a different material and coating compared to an Outback. Mathews has done tests proving the new drenlin limbs are twice as strong compared to the limbs on their older bow models. I believe bowhunter magazine went over this very subject. The thinner limbs will stand the test of time, Mathews is a smart company and so are their engineers. I can't wait to buy mine!

And Mathews has been arounf since the mid 90's, Ithink they know what they are doing. They are the most sucessful bow manufacturer in Modern history, their sales have skyrocketed each and every year, and more pro and nathional shooters are winning with their bows......but then again I guess they haven't been around long enough to proove to you that they know what they are doing???????[8D]
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM

Get the drenalin!I bought one and love it it smokes the hoyt.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:04 AM

Hey tmeservey, Its not that hard putting a limb on, but if one breaks I want a matching set put on,Not just one.If a limb breaks on a hoyt, you get 4 new limbs. And your comment about mathews being the most sucessful in history, I think you ment Bowtech, they have grown faster then any other manufacturer in history! You must beleive all that crap in thebow magazinesmathews ads. Its as accurate as their IBO ratings. (Ha Ha). I am glad hoyt doesn't drill holes through their limbs for string suppression.(Poor engineering).Mathews bows do shoot nice and smooth, that probably works fine when killing paper targets, But out west here where I liveI perfer a bow with more bang for my Bucks.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Randini

Mathews bows do shoot nice and smooth, that probably works fine when killing paper targets, But out west here where I liveI perfer a bow with more bang for my Bucks.
Are you serious with this statement?????
Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off I will tell you that I went from an 2003 Razortec to a Trykon to a Vectrix. My dad still has the Razortec and I LOVE that bow, I couldn't get rid of it. The first thing you'll notice is that both the other bows are a touch heavier than your razortec.

Personally I feel that the Vectrix was a little bit more forgiving and that that it was definitely faster. My recommendation is that you shoot both the bows and go with whichever fits you the best.

My other recommendationd KEEP THE RAZORTEC!!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I had to choose between a Hoyt Vectrix and a Switchback XT I would opt for the Hoyt. I have shot both those bows and truly feel they shoot the same or equally as well but the vectrix comes with a better string and a string stopper as standard equipment. It all boild down on how the Bow feels in your hands though.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Host of Hosts

And Mathews has been arounf since the mid 90's, Ithink they know what they are doing.
Hoyt has been making bows for 76 years. I prefer a bow company with real experience.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Randini

Hey tmeservey, Its not that hard putting a limb on, but if one breaks I want a matching set put on,Not just one.If a limb breaks on a hoyt, you get 4 new limbs...................... Mathews bows do shoot nice and smooth, that probably works fine when killing paper targets, But out west here where I liveI perfer a bow with more bang for my Bucks.
Wrong, I have seen Hoyt replace the top two limbs instead of all four.

Mathews bows will work just as good as any other bow in any other situation.

Randini...you are obviously young and ignorant. Try to read your post before you actually make a post.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.