Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT >

Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Old 04-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

I shot the Vulcan against the Drenalin and preffered the Vulcan big time. Amazing bow that Vulcan.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Vectrix, Switchback and Drenalin and chose the Allegiance.

To each their own. I don't think anyone can tell you which bow is better for you to choose. All 4 bows were great in my eyes.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with what the others said. Both are good bows... IMO the best 2 on the market! I have both the Vectrix and Switchback XT. I would recommend shooting both and seeing which one feels better for you.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:01 AM

I just got my Hoyt Vulcan. I love it. My friend shoots a switchback. I have shot it before and was not impressed. It shoots smooth, but seems slow. He shot my Vulcan and is going today to see about trading in his Mathews for a Hoyt. The are all good bows and you need to go with YOUR choice not anyone else's. The only bad thing I can find with my Vulcan, is that if the arrows have any rough spots on them there is a chance of catching fire in mid-air from the speed and friction. (ha)
Old 04-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Spike

I tried out just about every bow i could get a hold off this year. I was previously shooting a AR 34 which i still have, but wanted to upgrade. The Vectrix felted the best to me but not by much. The switchback and the Ross 334 were not far behind. There was just something about the hoyt that fit me a hair better. All of them are great bows though, I would go in the woods with either one of them.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:39 PM

Try them both side by side before you purchase and pick the one that fits you best.

I shot the Vectrix and was not impressed. Mathews fit me better because I liked the smoother draw cycle and no vibration.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 AM

I don't know where you heard the crap about the limbs on the drenalin but you should consider the source,they probably know nothing about archery and don't like mathews. By the way Mathews and Muzzy you can't do better!!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Host of Hosts

I chose the Vectrix over the Drenalin the XT and the Ross. I also a month later chose the Bowtech Guardian over the Vectrix. So now I have the 2 best bows on the market
Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 AM

like everyone says go out and shoot them, side by side if you can. I tried the switchback and didn't care for it and loved the vectrix, so that's what I went with.

don't forget to try out the vulcan and/or avenger while your at it.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 AM

As far as smoothness and less shock on release, the mathews bows have the edge. I have a good friend who shot Hoyt most of his life and finally took a "pride pill" and bought a new Drenlin. this bow is tops and I'd even say it is alittle nicer than the XT. Hoyt bows look like beasts with their riser design and bar that rides next to the handle. I never cared for the bulkiness. As far as the comment about Hoyt's have ing the strongest limbs on the market, i would beg to differ and have that person analyse the limbs on aDrenlin. this bow has it all, forgiveness, speed,quiet, smooth, light, and you can hold it back forever. Ow, did i mention that i love Mathews bows!

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vectrix or Matthews Switchback XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.