Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal >

Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

Old 02-16-2007, 12:05 PM

Default RE: Fred Bear Instinct versus Martin Bengal

Its a real quiet bow with no vibration at all. I haven't chrono'd it yet. Sorry I can't answer that question for you.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Thanks. I appreciate the input. Gives me a little direction. All I need to do is test them out. I'll let you know which direction I go.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Both bows are great buys and I do not think you would go wrong with either one. I tried both along with the Mission X3 that Matt068 mentioned, and several other bow. I found the Bear to be smoother and with a lot less vibration than the Bengal.But then then cam may not have been set up right onthe Martin,I just tried one off the self at the dealers. ( I have owned several Martins over the years so I am not biased against them) The only thing that I did notice about the Bear is the serving wear on the cable, I noticed that the serving was slipping on all of the Bear bows that I checked out that had been shot. It looks and from what I have been told is easliy remidied by reserving the cable the factery installed one is not the best.

But after trying both I bought a Mission X3, I liked the grip better than the other two bows. The X3 was a surprise, it cost $299, has a very smooth draw, no noticiable vibration and is very quick. The X3 is a set draw length bow, but I do not find this to be a disadvantage, on examining the cam it has a slightly larger groove for the cables and strings so there should less serving wear.Theonly other bows that I like as muchas the X3that are even close to itsprice are theBear Truth and Jennings Reliant. The Truth and Relaintare simular to each other the Truth riser appears to be a developement from the Jennings with a newer Cam and more vibration dampining add ons.Both of the bows are higher in price but are what I would consider a lot of bow for the money.

When I started looking at bows this year it was just to find a back up to my Hoyt since I gave my nephew my other bow and did not want to be with outa second one. As you said there are still a few good bows at a good price on the market.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:43 AM

Thanks. I have tried out several bows including the Truth lately and have decided on the Diamond Black Ice. Retail is 650 but I found it for $600. (only $50 more than the Truth) Black Ice is fast and I love the grip on it. I also found absolutely bare minimun if any hand shock and no recoil whatsoever. I am gonna go out and buy it tommorrow. Am really excited. Is it Christmas Eve today?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 AM

Congrats on your new bow. I heard a lot of good things about the Diamond Black Ice. I'm sure you will behappy with it.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:52 AM

I kinda have the same issue. At age 55, I can still pull a 70 lb. bow back but can't shoot more than about four arrows without shoulder pain. I found a used Hoyt Pro Tec 50/60 (2005 model) for only $300. Got all the accessories (top of the line stuff) for another $200. You might go on archery talk classifieds and shop for a used bow in that same price range.

I also got my 14 year old son a Fred Bear Element a couple of months ago. It is a very nice bow and shootsreal smooth.