Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tributed Got Traded

Old 01-25-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Tributed Got Traded

Well after a long season and no meat in the freezer I decided the luck was not with the Tribute so I know have yet another new Black ( of couse I want camo) Bowtech hat which makes three.

I shot the Alleg,Trib and the Guardian all and decided on the Guardian. The Bow is in fact very quiet with no limb savers. Little to no shock or kick for that matter. I was able to hit quarter size dots within minutes at 20 yards.

I am focsuing on accuracy and stealth this year. My 06 Tribute was very quiet with whiskers and limb savers on but I was a little less accurate with it. Dont get me wrong the Tribute has three RobinHoods on the wall.

The Guardian felt very good in my hand and very stable. I think if I put whiskers on it will be quiter than my tribute was. The only thing I can hear is the string, no bow noise at all.

I kept my simms stabilizer, trophy ridger drop zone and my impact archery 3 pin sights and put them on the guardian. I might also try a single pin this year as well change to vertical style. We did have to chage the connection on the drop zone as it would not fall fast enuff attached to the slide so we moved it to the buss cable and it works great.

The only thing I do not like is the Draw cycle. It has no humps nor valies and you can actually creep ( very Litttle) some compared to the Tribute. The problem is it is hard to pull. It feels like a 70lb at 64lb. But I had the smooth mods on my Tribute as the speed mods on it felt the same. I will get used to it.

I traded the bare Tribute in for bare Guardian and gave $200 even which included the shop moving all of the stuff over and installing a peep and kissser as well as paper tuning. Not bad I thought.

I am still digging it. I have string slapped my arm a few time which is odd, I never did that with any of my other bows. I think that it has something to do with the new grip style. Anybody else have any ideas?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Default RE: Tributed Got Traded

Well now the Guardian has a Robinhood to its credit as well. I was shooting at 30yrd into the ol block 4x4 today and whack. Yep trashed another Gold Tip.....I am done with groups and Bowtechs! Thats 5 now.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:53 PM

Default RE: Tributed Got Traded

Buck442 You said you noticed no hump in the draw and you felt creep. This was the complete opposite of my experience. I did notice a hump right before breakover and right before the hump the draw seemed to stack up a bit, but like you it hasnt been enough to change my mind about the bow. Ill also agree with you that the guardian felt very stable in my hand compared to the allegian and tribute. To me it felt much longer than what it really is. As far as arm slap goes slap an sts on that thing and that wont happen again. The guardian I shot was equiped with one and it was unbelievable at the shot. Cant wait to get mine. Funny you mentioned robinhoods. Ive busted many shafts but only had 3 perfect robinhoods where the arrow was completly in the other and wasnt coming out, but the weird thing is. 2 were with a justice and the other with a liberty and all with goldtip arrows. Maybe bowtech and goldtips are my lucky setup as well....lol.