Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vectrix vs. Vulcan

Old 01-18-2007, 01:34 PM

Default RE: Vectrix vs. Vulcan

Maybe you're right, but the guy at the bow shops says they will. Keep in mind that the arrows will be 28" long. My buddy shoots a Switchback at 70 lbs. He has a 31" draw and shoots 29" Easton Axis 400 arrows (which are weaker spined) and they are perfect. According to the spine chart, the Axis 340 arrows are spined for up to 84 lbs. at 28" long.

But like I said, maybe I'm missing something. Have you had any experience with a 80 lb bow or the Axis 340 arrows?

Let me know.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:06 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

You run it through Easton shaft selector chart and it will give you a 300.
I'm shooting a 28 inch340 FMJ out of a 70# Allegiance and it is on the edge. If you run it through the Pinwheel software it says I am slightly underspined with the same lenght arrow and 70lb draw.

Had I run the stuff through the program before I bought them I would have went with the 300.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 PM

New member here everybody.
Hi
I had same issue. I shot them both and I actually chose the vulcan. I am a big guy myself and like shooting the shorter bows with shorter brace length for some reason. I also went with the 80 pound limbs. Bow should arrive next week. Then we will find an arrow that it shoots well. What would you guys here recomend. 29.5" drawlength. Not sure what I will have to trim arrows at yet?

Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

tacogrande: if money is not an option go with A/C/C arrows. best arrow made
Old 01-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Thanks 870. I was looking at charts and reading articles and I thought they would be a good choice too. Now I just have to dig in the couch cushions for more money for them bad bays. How about them vapors that are claimed to be the same thing but cheaper?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

the A/C/C arrow is the best arrow made. better than the vapor. it has been around much longer. it has been proven for years with the same exact specs. trust me, go with the A/C/C and you will be happy.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got to shoot them both. The Vulcan as you may already know shoots a little faster than it's brother, the Vectrix. There's also the Vectrix XL, that's a full 3" longer A-A and 1/2" longer brace height.
I felt better with the Vectrix, compared to the Vulcan, I would say shoot them both and then decide.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:03 AM

Well, I ended up going with the Vulcan....My bow is set at 71 lbs. and 30 inch Draw. I could go to a 31" draw, but I'm happy with the performance of this bow as it is set now. I am shooting the Maxima Hunter 350 arrows at 28" in length. These arrows grain out to 390 grains. I shot them through the chronograph 3 times and registered 314 fps all 3 times. This is more than I what I was looking for, especially for only 71 lbs. of draw. The only complaint I have is that the bow tends to jerk right after release. I feel like I can elliminate this if I crank it back down to about 68 lbs. I am curious what this will do with the speed. As it is now, I can stack my shots to about 3" to 4" groups at 40 yards. I just had to learn to shoot this bow a little differently. I have to grip the handle with a little more pressure to stop the jerking.

Tacogrande, I am very curious to see how your bow shoots when you get it in. Please let me know if you experience the same "twist" that I do. Also, when you find an arrow that works for you, please let me know what it grains out to and how fast it shoots at that weight.

Thanks!!!