Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DRENI OR XT ?

Old 01-03-2007, 07:06 PM

Default RE: DRENI OR XT ?

Gotta shoot em both to figure out which one you like.

I own an XT and I have shot the Dreni. I won't be switching.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

I have an xt, i have shoot the dren but i think i am gonna take a close look at the new hoyt vertix that is out, i am very happy with my xt and it shoots well. but for some reason i seam to want a hoyt
Old 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM

I shot both the XT and Drenalin yesterday straight out of the box with only an arrow rest and release string loop.

I shot the Drenalin first and was very impressed. A couple people that were watching couldn't track the arrow to the target about 10 yrds away. It just disappeared. Feltvery smooth and quiet with very little shock.

Then I shot the XT. It wasdefinitely heavier, butit was smoother and had almost NO noticable shock.Clearly less shock than the Drenalin.

I switched back and forth several times, and althought the Drenalin is lighter to carry, it just can't compare to the XT for smoothness and especially for shock. I still can't believe how the XT shot. The arrow disappears and the bow doesn't jump,twange, torque or quiver. It just sits there, rock solid in your hand.

I also personally liked the feel of the grip of the XT just slightly better than the Drenalin, but I can't really describe why. It just felt better to me. I shoot with open fingers on my grip hand, except for my middle finger, which is curled to barely rest on the front of the grip. I never felt likeeither bow would jump out of my hand. I know others have complained about the Mathews grip, but I personally like it.

The other deciding factor for me was the new Limb Attachment for the Drenalin. It creates an open gap between the limb and riser from the anchor bolt to the rocker. That is a gap about 3 inches long. I hunt elk inWestern WA and commonly pursue them through heavy brush.I know that those gaps would collect all kinds of limbs, brush and whatever else I might have to go through. I felt more comforable with the limb pocket designof the XT.

I went in 90% convinced that I would buy the Drenalin, but when the shooting was over, I put my money on the XT.

I shouldhave it inabout 2 weeks.

BTW... The shop owner also shoots the XT and will not be switching to the Drenalin.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:51 PM

I never heard of the Drenalin ,havent been on their site in a while but if it helps I got a XT last summer & it served me well in the 06 season . I love it!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Since I am a lefty the proshop would not order the XT but already have the Drenlin coming in anyway for me to try to decide on which bow to purchase so Im going with the Drenalin.

Thanks to all who posted.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: M.T.

Since I am a lefty the proshop would not order the XT but already have the Drenlin coming in anyway for me to try to decide on which bow to purchase so Im going with the Drenalin.

Thanks to all who posted.
M.T. You won't be sorry!!!! I'm not!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

I just picked up my Dren today and im in love with it. The XT is an amazing bow aswell. The pro shop i go to everyone is upgrading from the xt but i guess its jus personal opinions.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:26 PM

the xt in my oppinion is a better bow, i am ver skeptical of the design in the drenlin with the tiny limbs and no limb pockets especially since there has been a few that have been failing, in each case that i have heard about they are failing at the same places on the limbs, now keep in mind talk is talk and can very easily be exagerated but this pic shows the failure point where they are having problems, you cant beat how smooth the xt is though, its one of the smoothest bows i have ever shot.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:30 AM

the drenaline is a lighter bow ,the xt has better performance
Old 01-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to make the same choice that your asking about. I shot them side by side for probably 1 hour and came to this conclusion. If I had already owned a XT I probably wouldn't trade it for a Drenalin, but if I had to choosed between the two I would buy the Drenalin because it is 1/2 a pound lighter. I picked up my new Drenalin last weekend and let me tell you it's a shooter. Good Luck with your decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.