Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DRENI OR XT ?

Old 01-01-2007, 01:28 PM

Default DRENI OR XT ?

Trying to deside on the Mathews Dreni or XT if you have one your opion would help.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:09 AM

Default RE: DRENI OR XT ?

I have heard alot of good things about the XT.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 AM

i have the XT. its a good bow. I will not be tradeing it in on a dreniline becuase the dren. just doesnt do better than the xt enough to justify the (about $300 i think) extra id have to pay on top of what the xt should fetch just to get a drenalin. xt:315 fps ibo dren. 320 fps ibo, the difference is just 5 fps. the dren. weighs 3.85 lbs the xt weighs about 4.15 i think. shure the dren. is lighter but not by leaps and bounds. the dren. and XT both do not have camo'ed roller cable guards (this is what 4th year mathews has had the roller guard thingy? its time to start sending them to reall tree for the camo finish with the riser & limbs) then there are the string silencers, they are the same thing just brought over to the dren. from the xt. and again no camo option for them this year. they are in there 2nd maybe 3rd year also. And no changes have been made to them since they came around. the limb pockets are still matte black also, I know a lot of other bow companies make there compunds with matte black limb pockets so I gues im suppos to be happy that we even get that I guess. it seems they are happy just makeing them pockets black, but I want CAMO on my hunting bow dang it!!!
for me to sell the xt and get the dren. It would have to have been shooting 330 ibo (atlest 325 seeing bowtech & hoyt did it), camo the roller cable guard, the string dampeners and limb pockets. but since they only tweeked there bow design (in my eyes thats all they did was tweek) I dont think im going to slap down 700 bux for that. Im gona enjoy the one ive got, it was too expencive but ive got it and its got a good warrenty on it and I cant get my money back (depreciation) so I guess i have to be happy in that I do have a good bow that still works good. it may not be the lightest or fastest of the bunch but as long as it still gets deer its my bow!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:30 AM

If I did not have the xt or a new bow and was looking at getting a good bow for hunting id look at parkers bows. they have a parralel limb bow that shoots 335fps ibo and has camo every thing except the wood grip. now I havent shot one but they do what I was hopeing the dren. would come to be and if I knew about parker bows before I looked at mathews id look'em both over and if the parker shot good id probably get it instead. they both have good long warentys on em and are both good companies. so it would come down to the shoot. so long as parker shot as good as the mathews parker would get my dollar. just my 2 cents.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not shot the Drenlin... but love my XT.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not too many Switch back and XT owners seem to want to move up based on what I read. I guess the original is a better value.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:33 PM

terry,
look at how little more performance you get with the dren. over the xt. then look at how many $$ it would cost to get the dren. it would take a xt trade in + another $300 for just 5 fps and a little lighter bow.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

MT,

If you are buying either an XT or a Drenalin, replacing an old bow, then shoot both and see what you think. I shot both, as I received $700.00 in CHristmas money, and for $30.00 more, the Drenalin was lighter, a little quieter, and and slightly more comfortable to shoot FOR ME.

I will say that if I already had a Switchback XT, I would not upgrade. Since I needed a new bow period, I chose the Drenalin ..... after shooting both side by side.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:58 PM

More guys are still purchasing the Switchback XT over the Dreni. My buddy who works in a Mathewsbow shop said it's 10/1 right now.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Host of Hosts

The Mathews dealer here in my town said the same thing more people are still buying theXT over the drenalin. He said he gets a new bow every year, but this year he's staying with his 06 Switchback XT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.