HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DRENI OR XT ?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
ShartStickHunter

Default RE: DRENI OR XT ?

I shot both the XT and Drenalin yesterday straight out of the box with only an arrow rest and release string loop.

I shot the Drenalin first and was very impressed. A couple people that were watching couldn't track the arrow to the target about 10 yrds away. It just disappeared. Feltvery smooth and quiet with very little shock.

Then I shot the XT. It wasdefinitely heavier, butit was smoother and had almost NO noticable shock.Clearly less shock than the Drenalin.

I switched back and forth several times, and althought the Drenalin is lighter to carry, it just can't compare to the XT for smoothness and especially for shock. I still can't believe how the XT shot. The arrow disappears and the bow doesn't jump,twange, torque or quiver. It just sits there, rock solid in your hand.

I also personally liked the feel of the grip of the XT just slightly better than the Drenalin, but I can't really describe why. It just felt better to me. I shoot with open fingers on my grip hand, except for my middle finger, which is curled to barely rest on the front of the grip. I never felt likeeither bow would jump out of my hand. I know others have complained about the Mathews grip, but I personally like it.

The other deciding factor for me was the new Limb Attachment for the Drenalin. It creates an open gap between the limb and riser from the anchor bolt to the rocker. That is a gap about 3 inches long. I hunt elk inWestern WA and commonly pursue them through heavy brush.I know that those gaps would collect all kinds of limbs, brush and whatever else I might have to go through. I felt more comforable with the limb pocket designof the XT.

I went in 90% convinced that I would buy the Drenalin, but when the shooting was over, I put my money on the XT.

I shouldhave it inabout 2 weeks.

BTW... The shop owner also shoots the XT and will not be switching to the Drenalin.