Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbing Treestand

Old 12-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Climbing Treestand

Yep, those are the best ones out there. Myself I just strap four squirrels on and scamper up to a branch.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Which squirrels do u prefer, red, grey, hybrid, or the elusive black? lol They all bite!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:42 AM

I have used my Summit climber for 2 years. I have tried several types including a ladder stand and various hang-on types. The Summit is the MOST comfortable stand out there IMHO. It is quiet, comfortable, but most importantly, safe. Take it from someone who HATES heights, this is the one to get.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would also go with the Summit. Two reasons: #1-comfortable!! The seats on the climbers are awesome. Very big, padded, and back reset is very long so it covers you all the way to the neck. #2- They are all-welded, so no rattling. The loggys that my friend uses rattle like you wouldn't believe because of the bolts. They do fold flatter because you can move the brackets, butthat flatness doesn't really make it any easier to carry than my Summit.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:52 AM

go with summit
Old 12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go with the squirrels
Old 12-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

dude you should really look at gorilla climbers, they arent expensive and their seats are the most comfortable ive seen!!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jemrami9

Hello, I am looking to upgrade to a new climber finally and as always,I wish to consult the folks in the forum for guidance with this purchase. What do folks use and why do you like it etc? As always, any input is greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas!

had them all,50 years at it..the ladder stand is my best now,BUT i am getting older and like how easy it is to get into..

i have summit climbinmg,nothing wrong with it BUT ,its not best, in my opinion..

what is??LOCK ON STAND,WITH CLIMBING STICKS..secret to hunting lower is being hidden..gun season, its not as important as archery in fall..

CLIMBING stand you have to cut limbs off, which is against law here in pa. or find tree with, no limbs..thats hard to do and get in best tree..

then when you cut off limbs, you are not hidden..i use a LOCK-ON stand, any kind will do, get BIGGEST platform you can..then ,16 ft of LADDER STEPS..dont use the tie on ones, they are awful..these come in 4 ft sections.. find the THICKEST tree with limbs..with climbing stand you must pick a tree of certain size so your stand can work going up tree..

i seen trees full of ice, and hunters come crashing down with a CLIMBING STAND..

with lock on you can pick out a fat tree,with limbs etc..no swaying in wind..secret is not getting HIGH in tree,its getting HIDDEN in a tree and getting up there ,quiet and safe..

save your self the money,get a cheap BIG lock-on stand and 40 dollar,16ft LADDER STEPS..

sproul has SPOKEN!!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: jemrami9

Hello, I am looking to upgrade to a new climber finally and as always,I wish to consult the folks in the forum for guidance with this purchase. What do folks use and why do you like it etc? As always, any input is greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas!

had them all,50 years at it..the ladder stand is my best now,BUT i am getting older and like how easy it is to get into..

i have summit climbinmg,nothing wrong with it BUT ,its not best, in my opinion..

what is??LOCK ON STAND,WITH CLIMBING STICKS..secret to hunting lower is being hidden..gun season, its not as important as archery in fall..

CLIMBING stand you have to cut limbs off, which is against law here in pa. or find tree with, no limbs..thats hard to do and get in best tree..

then when you cut off limbs, you are not hidden..i use a LOCK-ON stand, any kind will do, get BIGGEST platform you can..then ,16 ft of LADDER STEPS..dont use the tie on ones, they are awful..these come in 4 ft sections.. find the THICKEST tree with limbs..with climbing stand you must pick a tree of certain size so your stand can work going up tree..

i seen trees full of ice, and hunters come crashing down with a CLIMBING STAND..

with lock on you can pick out a fat tree,with limbs etc..no swaying in wind..secret is not getting HIGH in tree,its getting HIDDEN in a tree and getting up there ,quiet and safe..

save your self the money,get a cheap BIG lock-on stand and 40 dollar,16ft LADDER STEPS..

sproul has SPOKEN!!
And spoken it well! No doubt that is a killer set up and the best!

A climber does have it's advantages and I would not like to hunt without having one available. I wouldn't want to pack a stand and sticksinto some places I've been. Hard enough getting myself there.

I'm personally against setting any age limits so here's to hopping you hunt any way you want to untilyou breath your last.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Take a look at the Equalizer.

My Summit has not left the house since I got my Equalizer.

Quick Reply: Climbing Treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.