Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vectrix versus Trykon

Old 11-23-2006, 08:07 AM

Default Vectrix versus Trykon

For anyone who has shot Both. My Dealer has not yet gotten the Vectrix, but I am very interested. I wanted to go with the Trykon last year, but when I went to try it out, I was not real happy with the feel of the Draw. The bow I tested had the High Let-off and the Roll-over was unexpected and I almosted ended up popping myself in the face. I was told if I dropped down to the 65% module it would be better and I tried one, but still was not quite happy with the feel of the draw. I am anxious to tryout theVectrix, as I have heard it is much smoother and I am getting really anxious about a new bow. It has been six years since I last went bow shopping. The MT I have is still shotting great, but I am shooting much farther now and would like to upgrade to get a little extra spped in there to help compensate for my Yardage estimintations out to 40 yards and more, as I spend my summers huntin' ground hogs in open fields and average shots between 20 and 60 yards.
I thought would ask of those who have had a chance to try it out what there thoughts are. Any feedback on it to hold me over till my Dealer gets one, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-23-2006, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Vectrix versus Trykon

this bow shoots awesome! please please please dont buy a bow untill you shoot this one and see for urself! way better then the trykon, ive shot em all and i think for me this is the bow to have this year. you should try all 3 then go home with the vectrix lol
Old 11-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Host of Hosts

I bought a Vectrix and sold the Trykon. Well actually I sold the Trykon and bought a Vectrix in that order. The draw is super smooth there is NO roll over. Very very nice bow and much quieter than the Trykon. I haven't shot it a whole lot yet but enough to know I made the right choice.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:02 PM

That is what I was hoping to hear. I don't like to change bows a lot. Once I find one that feels right and I can shoot well, I usually stick with it for a while, and I had looked last year at the Trykon, Swtichback, bowtech and a couple others and was just not that thrilled and decided to wait another year and see what happened with round 2 of the Parallel limbs. Sounds like they figured some things out. Now I just have to wait till my Local Pro shop gets one and go give it a try. Thanks for the feedback. I can't wait.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

the vectrix is the sweetest shooting bow i haveever shot. WOW!! we got them in probably two weeks ago and i finally got to shoot one last night. all i can say is that it is just plain amazing. smoother drawing than the trykon, quieter, and has absolutely no hand shock. just unbelievable. i cant wait to get the new ross bows in so i can decide which i will be going with. but so far i think the vectrix is going to be tough to beat.