Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vectrix or Vectrix XL

Old 04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Spike

Default Vectrix or Vectrix XL

I'm currently shooting an 04 Hoyt Ultratec. I'm looking at getting a Vectrix. My question is whether to go with the standard Vectrix or the Vectrix XL.

The XL is longer (33" vs 36" I believe). What does this buy me? Does one have an advantage over another?
Old 04-29-2007, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Vectrix or Vectrix XL

The XL will be a TAD more forgiving due to it's longer ATA. If you have a long DL, say 30" or longer, the XL would be a better choice to keep down the sharp angle at the nock....Having said that, I have a 30" DL and don't shoot the XL,I have the Vectrix and it's no problem.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The vectrix will also be a little bit heavier as well... I went with the vectrix too.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with what mobowhuntr onwhat he is saying.

I was told the XL was better for my DL. However, I shoot a 33.25 ATA Allegiance with no problems at all. Though, I wouldn't go shorter than the 33" of the Vextrix. I didn't shoot the Tribute because it is even smaller than that.

The longer bows are more forgiving and balance a little better.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you can shoot the shorter one, by all means do. If nothing else, you are losing a little bit of weight and gaining a couple FPS. Both bows are awesome, you'll just have to shoot them bow and see.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advice, all! I wasn't sure what you gained or lost by going to a bigger bow. Now I see. I'll take your advice and shoot them both.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am on pins and needles right now. I went to the archery shop tonight and got fitted for my new Vectrix. I picked out all my accessories and ordered new arrows. Now the waiting game is on. Wednesday afternoon I will be heading back to pick up my new bow. I was able to shoot it prior to purchasing it and what a difference over my PSE. I can't wait!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

JFergus7

Congrats on the new purchase. Have fun shooting.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

Shot for shot, the XL will tend to be more accurate due to the longer ATA.

I was in the same dilema when I was torn between the Trykon and Trykon XL last year. I shot them both side by side and liked the XL better.

Granted the XL is about 4oz heavier than the standard Vectrix, however the weight of either bow is managable, certainly heavy but managable.

If I were to buy another bow this year it probably would be a Vectrix XL.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got home from picking up my new bow and getting to hit the range for a little bit. What a difference. It turned out better then I expected. I will post some pictures later tonight.

Quick Reply: Vectrix or Vectrix XL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.