Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DEER DANDER

Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 PM

Default RE: DEER DANDER

I tried something new the other day with deer dander with some exciting results that I saw today. I came across a nice scrape line about 50-60 yards inside the woods where I hunt. Since I was passing by them fairly close and bucks are starting to cruise for does around here, I decided to spray the deer dander on tree limbs to hide some of my scent in the area, and I sprayed the dander in a few small scrapes just to see what kind of response I would get. That was two days ago. This morning I hunted the stand I put back there and saw three bucks come through there within the first hour of daylight,and two of them worked a couple of the scrapes. When I got down and investigated one of those smaller scrapes that I sprayed the deer dander in, I found it exciting that an iniitial pawing scrape has become a full fledged rutting scrape that is probably about 4 feet in diameter. Whether the dander had anything to do with or not, it obvioulsy didn't hurt it.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM

I hunt mainly from the ground, so scent is a major issue. I bought the dander and sprayed it on my boots and clothes. deer never noticed me the first three nights i sat. Then i tried the real test. I set up, up wind of a major deer trail. I had deer stand 20 yards directly down wind from me and not freak out. They sat their for about an hour eating grass etc... Sitting on the ground upwind, i think it works.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I heard enough. I will put it to the test this week. I'll give you my findings. I see it at wally world everytime but was always unsure of it. Kinda sounds like it is a sleeper product. I can't wait now.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 AM

oh man ya'll got me all worked up to try this stuff and i cant find it at any walmart, i even went to sportsmenswarehouse and they didnt have it. I guess i will try and do a website search for it.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:20 PM

http://www.teamfitzgerald.com/
Old 11-23-2006, 08:11 PM

yea, walmart here in South Arkansas does not carry it either. No one down here does. I may have to get someone else where to get me some and ship it to me....LOL. Thats why everyone up north is doing so good. You guys have access to all this stuff we won't see for another year or two. Thats just not fair....LOL

Good luck and Good hunting

God Bless

Old 11-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Spike

Try this.
http://www.cabelas.com
Old 12-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Well I have been reading about this on seceral forums now and I can say I am going to try it I just got mt order from cabela's and and can't wait to try it Sat on a new Hot trail I found loaded with fresh droppings and acorns everywhere, I bought 2 bottles in case I really like it a lot, lol if this stuff works the way everyone says it is all I will ever use from noew on and I will be buying by the case, Good Hunting everyone