Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DEER DANDER

Old 10-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default DEER DANDER

Has any one tried this prouduct ?

I got some of this at a local Wal - Mart just to see what it would do and I gotta tell ya guys this stuff work real good.

When I went hunting earlyer today I'd sprayed this on my clothes and to my stand .
Within two hours I had deer every where , small bucks and does all over the place.
When it was time to get out and head for home , I left my stand and started thru the woods when I turned around to look back I had two does following me.
I think this prouduct is great although when I got home to the better part of me , she said WHEW you need to take a shower .
Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 PM

Default RE: DEER DANDER

I started using it last year. I was getting winded more often than I liked since I was hunting in a river bottom where the wind is variable at all times. So I started exploring with several different cover scents. I tried Knight & Hale raccoon piss, Tink's Coon piss, Hunter's Choice Earth scent, I even used carbon blast, and not a single one of them worked for me. Then one night I was watching Dan Fitzgerald outdoors and Guy was talking this Deer Dander stuff up so I though what the heck I'll give it a try since I've tried everything else. I payed 12 dollars for a bottle of it at a bowshop here in eastern illinois. Let me tell you I will never use anything else ever again. Not only does it work as a cover scent but it actually works as an attractant from time to time. I suggest spraying it all over your clothes, and then leaving them outside in a dry area after doing so cause it really does smell like a deer. The first time I used it in fact I used it as a cover scent and then used some still steamin on a drag cloth attached to my boot. It wasn't 20-30 minutes later a nice basket rack 12 pointer came walking in with his nose directly to the ground right where I walked in. I never got a shot at him, but I did kill a nice 8 pointer later that year doing the very same thing. Since I've been using Deer Dander I can honestly say I haven't been winded but maybe once or twice. Use it generously and I promise you won't be dissapointed. Bow season has only been in for a month here in Illinois and I'm already on my third bottle. Spray it around your stand on the tree and surrounding limbs to mask your position. Like I said I love it, and I've made several of my buddies believers in it as well.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Another "love it" vote , I've been using it for three years now and wouldn't go out without it .
Old 11-01-2006, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Has any one tried this prouduct ?

I got some of this at a local Wal - Mart just to see what it would do and I gotta tell ya guys this stuff work real good.

When I went hunting earlyer today I'd sprayed this on my clothes and to my stand .
Within two hours I had deer every where , small bucks and does all over the place.
When it was time to get out and head for home , I left my stand and started thru the woods when I turned around to look back I had two does following me.
I think this prouduct is great although when I got home to the better part of me , she said WHEW you need to take a shower .
Are you sure that the deer dander was the reason that the does were atracted to you? Just kidding, anyways, I bought it but have not yet tried it. I plan to this coming weekend. Sounds very promising from what you all are indicating.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:16 PM

OK guys, Now don't give me too hard a time about this, but what is deer dander? I have figured out that it is a spray something or other. Is it a cover scent, an attractant, or just what. I have never heard of it, and I haven't gotten out much for the past 2+ months, so if it is new, I wouldn't know it.

OK stop laughing at me and just tell me.

Thanks

God Bless

Old 11-01-2006, 01:29 PM

MichaelT, a spray cover scent and attractant is correct sir!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 PM

Thanks Red Lion,

Do you happen to know what it smells like, or at least what it is supposed to smell like ? IE... Just a deer body scent, a buck lure scent, a doe pee scent,a tarsel gland scent, ? I would love to find a new scent , that works, for my hunting area. People use scents a bunch down here, and I think the bucks have, over the last few years, begun to shy away from several of them. Tinks 69 is way over used and abused here. So I am always on the look out for something they might not react poorly to.

Thanks

God Bless

Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

It smells like deer , you can spray it on your clothes and boots .
You can also use it as attractant , when you get to your stand or blind and spray it all over your area within range .
Trust me you will have deer coming in to you from every direction , it happened to me that way .
I was amazed on how this product worked , now I use it everytime I'm not kiddingthe deer will hang around your area.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Thanks RD, I may have to get out of the house later this a.m. and make a run to walmart to see if they have it. I gotta find me a buck growl too. I may be the poster child for deer hunting marketing teams, but the fact of the matter is , you just never know. I heard great things last year about stuff called rice bran. A friend of mine owns a feed store, so I went and got a 50 lb. bag from him. He said he couldn't keep it in stock. Everyone was buying it up. Well, my deer thought it sucked. They wouldn't touch it. But I am still willing to try new things.

Good luck and be safe

God Bless

Old 11-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I've found that it also works exceedingly well as a wife repellent too , mine hates the smell of it . My granddaughter described it by asking "Papaw , how come you smell like pee ?"
I dunno , I kinda like the smell of it personally .

Quick Reply: DEER DANDER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.