Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

River's Edge Bigfoot XL

Old 10-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default River's Edge Bigfoot XL

It's going back to Gander Mountain.....and will never see a tree.

I've looked around at stands alot. Was gonna get either a Lone Wolf Alpha or Summit Copperhead. Decided to go a little lower on price due to the fact, the property I'm hunting is currently being activly logged and there are lots of non local people trapsing through the woods. Didn't wanna chance loosing a big dollar stand one night. So I found the Bigfoot XL.

It has lots of nice features. Large Platform, nice padded seat, flips up, not awefully heavy and built in foot rest. I figured what the heck. Would make a nice second stand for next year.

Got it home and today I tried to put it together.............ummm the seat will not fold all the way down. Either the top crossmember is welded on to high on one side or the mounting holes were punched to low.....either way the seat will only go down to about a 45* angle. I was aggitated to say the least, this is a family forum [:@] I don't care how cheap the stand was, this is absolutly UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I went the http://wwww.ardasim.com and sent them a little note already. I will not even consider another one of their products. How could you let a stand out that the seat will not mount onto???? and i'm sure mine wasn't the only one to leave the factory in China [>:]........... I guess i'll pick up a Lone Wolf next offseason.... till then i'll be grounded [:'(]...........

Guess the old saying still stands...........You get what you pay for.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:53 AM

Default RE: River's Edge Bigfoot XL

Yes, my friend, to some extent you are correct. There are a lot of stands, and other things in this world that and not what they seem in the catalogue or even real life. Caviat emptor...... Latin for " let the buyer beware "! But as you grow in this idea, you will begin to learn the ways some companies cut corners, or fudge the truth. At least you did inspect the stand and find this out at assembly ( afterwards albeit ) but before you were trying to go up the tree one dark morning. The key with tree stands ( from what I have seen ) is theat there is a mean price across the manufactoring realm. A litle below, or a little above and you are in the same ball park for quality. Too much savings, unless it is an advertised sale, and there is a reason. Or even if it is a sale, sometimes too much off means that they ordered several and no one wanted them, so now they have to try to dump them off on unsuspecting customers. Try to stick with MAJOR manufacturers. Look at the stands in person ( if possible ) before making your decision. Go to any store to look at the different stands, even if you are not planning on buying there ( you may havefound it much cheaper somewhere else or even in the catalogue ) but you can still see it and make sure of your decision before purchase, of a piece of equipment that you are trusting your life with.

Good hunting and Be SAFE

God Bless
Old 10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

I have a couple of the river's edge stands and never had a problem.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the River's Edge XL 17' big platform, its heavy fer one old fat man to put on tree. I like mine no problems very comfortable, got it last year fer $158 including tax.[:-]