Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone know anything about these bows? >

Anyone know anything about these bows?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone know anything about these bows?

Old 10-08-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Anyone know anything about these bows?

I just found out I need to be shooting a 32" draw instead of the 31" I am now shooting.

So far I have found Trykon XL and Mathews Switchback LD and APA Anaconda all in 32".

I know thats like asking "which is better a Ford or Chevy" but seriously,

Anyone shoot these bows and have any comments?[/align][/align]Thanks!!![/align]
Old 10-08-2006, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Anyone know anything about these bows?

The APA Anaconda is a sweet shooter, fast, forgiving and very accurate! I shot 2 different 50 yard robin hoods with my Anaconda this summer. I highly recommend this bow, I believe you would be very happy with this bow.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't shot the Anaconda so I cannot help you in that respect but I have shot the Switchback and the Trykon in my search for a new bow.

Here's a link to the whole story:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735 and within it you'll find another link to the begining of the story.

However, both the Trykon and Switchback are incredible bows. The Switchback is smoother especially if your not used to extreme cams but therego the Switchback is much much slower than the Trykon. It's smoothness comes with the lack of speed compared to the other higher end bows of equal comparison.

They are both just as equally free of noise and vibration in my opinion and when all was said and done I put the Switchback away and made it number 4 when it came to the Trykon, Tribute and Allegiance from Bowtech.

You won't go wrong with either so you'll want to shoot them both up against the Anaconda so you too will know what is best for you.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

mathewz
Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM

Dont forget about the Bowtech Old Glory!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot an Old Glory in 32" and it is awesome. I chose it after shooting the Bowtech, Switchback, and Trykon XL. The choices are pretty limited, but you can also look at the Hoyt UltraTec, ProTec, UltraElite. These all come in 32" as well.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Your best bet is to shoot them and judge for yourself. Recently, Ibought a Switchback and I am very pleased with it. Smooth, fast, no vibration, quiet. But, shoot them all and go with your gut feel.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 PM

I've shot a Switchback....nice bow, but not as good as the hype, IMHO. I've also shot the Trykon XL, and if they introduce that with the cam and a half instead of the Zephyr cam for '07, that's my next bow. Very sweet shooters.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

I was in the same boat and ended up with a Ross 337 at 31.5" plus a half inch loop. Shot the Trykon XL, Bowtech Old Glory and the Switchback LD as well. Liked all of them but thought the Ross a little nicer and quite a bit cheaper.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The nice thing about having a 32" draw is he really doesn't have to get hung up on which is the fastest bow. At that draw length he will have all the power he needs so the slower Switchback and Ross would definitely be on the short list if Idrew that much length.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about these bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.