Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 vital gear triangular bow sight >

vital gear triangular bow sight

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

vital gear triangular bow sight

Old 08-24-2006, 08:24 PM

Default vital gear triangular bow sight

Has anyone used vital gear's triangular bow sight. I love the unobstructed view they give you, but it looks like with the pins angled like they are, u cant adjust indivdual pins for elevation. Anyone used these sights, or atleast kno anything about them and how they adjust. Im seriously considering these, but want some input before my desicion.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: vital gear triangular bow sight

I use one and all the rings can be adjusted. IMO it is the best verticle pin sight made. The company has a stand behind their product mentality.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Awi

Looks like to me that your left and right would be off.Or maybe I dont understand the concept.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any experience with that exact sight, but I used the VBG Angular Profix for a few months. Here are my observations.

Pros: One of the brightest sights I have ever used. The thing will actually glow in the dark. Sight is very easy to adjust, is lightweight andobviously well made. The angular pin does appear to block out less of the target.

Cons: The bubble level is too small to be effectiveand the way it is placed on the pin guard, I foundit interfered with the way I centered the orange ring in my peep. I wound up removing the level all together. My biggest complaint, and it is just my opinion, is the angular pin. For some reason, Icould never get completelycomfortable with the angular pin. I guess what I'm saying is it just did not feel natural to me.

I wound up removing the VBG and going with a conventional horizontal pin sight.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:07 PM

i had the same thought awi. It looks as if you move the pins up and down, it will throw off the left and right. idk if this is true, but that was my main concern with the sights, i love the view these pins give you though.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:31 AM

My local proshop just got these in. I was looking at them yesterday.

The pins are actually stationary. Each pin is attatched to an independent ring. The rings are then mounted to the slide. So when you adjust them, the entire ring actually adjusts up and down so the pin always stays at the same angle. This is true of both the triangle and the pentagon sights. I am pretty sure this will be my next sight if I don't go with a single pin adjustable.

I currently have a Vital Gear Tombstone series sight and it is awesome.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Adjusting the sight vertically will have no effect on the horizontal position of the pins. I currently use a 3/16" peep and am able to center the whole ring, level and all in my peep. The level is on the small side. With the pins entering the sight picture form the bottom right (R-hand) it "IMO", obstructs the least amount of the target of any sight I have used. Hope this is helpful.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Spike

I put this sight on this year and love it. Very bright and easy to set up. I went from a single pin to this sight and have pins at 25,35,45 and would recommend it to anyone.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to go VBG again, but no one from the company wanted to return my e-mails whenI had an issue[>:].

Those triangular jobs look like they would block anything on the inside of the pins on the right side (clutter up the target?)