Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute? >

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Old 08-22-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

I can't decide between the Mathews Switchback XT and the Bowtech Tribute. I want a cobination of speed, smoothness and quite. I do believe a quiete bow is better than a faster bow. I have a 27" draw and shoot around 65 lb draw. I hear they are both fantastic bows. Please give input?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

At 27" draw the fastest bow you will get is the Bowtech Equalizer. You can get 300 fps IBO with it. Its also smooth and quiet. The other 2 will be a tad smoother draw but @ 15 fps slower at your draw length.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:20 PM

Mathews is smooth and very forgiving. I don't believe you will find amore quite bow either.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:40 PM

The BT Equalizer only draws 26.5 Max if that means anything. YES THAT JOKER is FAST! How tall are you? Maybe a Allegience would be good? Max poundage for the Equalizer is 60# but it's fast, accurate and very, very, very quiet as are the rest of the BT bows. I just didn't like the Mathews. I felt it to be to slow and very loud in comparison. For the money go with BT. JMO
Old 08-22-2006, 08:33 PM

Do your self a favor and get a Bowtech.Go shoot them. You will get more speed out of the Bowtech Mathews are good bows, dont get me wrong.If I didnt own a Bowtech I would own a Mathews.Shoot them at the Pro shop if you can.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bowtech will definitely be faster. The Mathews is very, very smooth. You will just have to go and shoot both and see which one is better for you.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Switchback XT, I have a 27.5" draw, this bow is as smooth as the Bowtech is fast. The Mathews is just a better quality madebow, not that the Bowtech isn't made well. Speed is great, but what good is speed if you can't draw the bow back smoothly. Go with the Switchback XT, I shoot 100 gr Muzzys on a Carbon Express Maxima 250, and my arrows are flying faster enough
Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The BT Equalizer only draws 26.5 Max if that means anything.
Actually they go to 27". Mine came with a 27" module. The early advertising was incorrect. They are also 32 7/8" ATA not 32" as adverised initially.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 PM

After 2.5 hours of testing and shooting I have come to the conclusion...I like the mathews switchback XT. I feel it is a little smoother, quieter and feels better. I also did a speed test with both bows and the arrows I will use hunting (total weight 398 grams). The XT at 60 lbs shot 258 fps. The Tribute at 65 lbs shot at 264 fbs. I'm sure with the XT at 65 lbs it will close the gap and I would rather have the smoother and quieter bow, plus the XT grip feels much better in my hands. Thanks for all your input everyone!!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reason I shoot aBowTech, Tribute? Pro Shop quality & service.
The best pro shop in my areahandles BowTech & Hoyt.
The other pro shop has shoe salesman, that sell & try to service bows?[]
I refuse topay top dollar for a bow,from a second rate pro shop.

IMHO, Mathews& BowTech make GREAT bows. I am sure you will love your Mathews.

Quick Reply: Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.