Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute? >

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Old 10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Not to mention that Mathews has had more tournament wins than any other bow manufacturer.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... this has NOTHING to do with the qualities a manufacturer brings to the table -- onlyhow much money it is willing to pay its shooters.. period.

I've related this story on here a couple times, but it's well worth repeating: There's a world champion shooter from my area, and he won his first seven world championships shooting Hoyt. Mathews came along and offered him more money to start shooting its bows... Guess what he won his next two world championships with? [8D]Was it the bow, or the $$?

I'll also add in this; it took him a couple years to get used to the Mathews and I know he regretted jumping at the money at first, but good shooters are able to win with any bow... That's why it comes down to who's willing to pony up the bigges bucks.

NOW.. if you like your Mathews, great. There's absolutely not a thing wrong with. But saying the bow is better because more titles are won with them is a fallacy.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:19 PM

Well, I've been to many, many competitions, and I've yet to see a PSE, Fred Bear, Browning, etc., make a group at 65 yards the size of a half dollar. I've only seen a Mathews and a Hoyt do that (there is one event that I can't remember if this man was shooting a Bowtech or Hoyt, so I can't really judge that one). At 77 yards at a 3-D competition, I personally watched some of my friends, who were not offered a single cent to shoot a Mathews, not a cent, put a group together the size of the bottom of a Solo cup. The Hoyts came in second, at about the size of a very small saucer. Now this isn't a big margin, true, but it is a lot when you consider the prizes they've won shooting a Mathews vs the Hoyt shooters that went home empty handed on both of these particular incidences. Was it the shooters? Part of it I'm sure. But there were two men there who were shooting the Legacy that used to be die-hard Bowtech junkies. Ironic, or quality?

But there is a big point that Greg makes...you may have the greatest bow in the world (if there was a world so perfect), but if you can't shoot well, then you're bow will do you no good. You must practice every chance you get, or that trophy will just trot away.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:29 PM

i also just recently bought a new bow i shot the top 3 that would fit my short arms(26in draw) the tribute, the trykon, and the switchback xt. all are very nice bows and i am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. with that said all 3 bows are very comparable with price. but i shoot many arrows through all 3 at 2 different proshops and the tribute was the better one for me and my shooting style. everyone shoots slightly different and as long as the arrow hits its mark that doesnt matter. but with all things i considered speed, smoothness, comfort of grip, shock, and quietness, the tribute beat the other 2 hands down. and the hard wall to pull on and hold on was a major plus in my book, the option of having the 2 different modules(smooth and speed) is also more apealing to have what you want in one package but also I think of the fact that Bowtech has only been around 6-7 years and they are right up with the top names in archery equipment is amazing. but all in all everyone is thier own person and has to make up thier own mind on this sensative subject but if you like a corvette and 1000 people told you a pinto was better would you get what you want or would get the pinto.

just my 2 cents
Old 10-24-2006, 12:33 PM

TRASH BOTH IDEAS AND BUY A REFLEX SUPER SLAM. THIS IS A BOWHUNTERS BOW.[8D]
Old 10-24-2006, 02:31 PM
vte

I'm new to the furm, so forgive me for a late comment. I am also fairly new to new bows. My husband choose a XT over a Hoyt Trikon. We then bought me a Bowtech Diamond Rapture lite. We have done alot of shooting to try to improve upon our current skills. During this time, my husband has had to return the XT to the pro shop for repair. It was a manufactur defect. On the bottom cam there is a screw hole and on some bows it was actually cutting the serving, on my husbands it was just pulling the serving back. The pro shop said they get several coming back in for this problem. They restrung the serving and a week later it is still wearing on the serving. The other thing I personally don't like about the XT is having to replace those bumpers every so often. He is thrilled with the way the XT shoots and it feels great in his hand. And it is really quiet, you can't tell a noise difference b/t Mathews and Bowtech. I just wanted to share our technical difficulties.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:36 PM

And this is where the delema is. 2 different bow companies that advertise the 2 most opposite qualities. Mathews known for smooth draw and quietness. Bowtech for speed. Every company has there selling points. As well does EVERY bow have goods and there bads. People will argue till the day they die on which bow is best !!! There is no best bow!!! Bows specs thse days make it harder to compare. Now most people will swear by a bow for the fact its what they currently or have in the past shot. I personally rely on a bow to win!! My aspects are different from others. I have shot about every bow on the market. Personally I havent shot a real piece of crap. There are others I like better. Buying a bow because of others idea's is retarded. It can help you choose between a few bows. But Dont buy one cause this guy or that guy say's its the best. I went in total different direction this year. Shooting an Illuision. Cant say that I was all over it when it came out. And wasnt sold on it till I shot it. Smooth, Fast, and quiet. Its all about preference. Why do you think so many pro's jump ship in archery. Money plus they can win with what they shoot !! Most bows out now are all comparable !!! Good Luck !!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

vte, welcome to our little corner of the world! Jump right in, and make yourself at home!