Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute? >

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Old 09-25-2006, 07:30 AM

Default RE: Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Shoot both of them and see which one works for you...
Old 09-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

The best advice thatI can give you is if you've narrowed it down to 2 choice's, is go shoot them both and go with your instinct's and gut feeling on which to choose . Just because a Mathew's or a BowTech was a good choice for a friend ,definately doesn't mean it's the correct choice for you .This has to be your decission ,no one here on this site or any other site for that matter can tell you which of these 2 bow's is siuted right for you ,but you solely.

nubo
Old 09-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nubo

The best advice that I can give you is if you've narrowed it down to 2 choice's, is go shoot them both and go with your instinct's and gut feeling on which to choose . Just because a Mathew's or a BowTech was a good choice for a friend ,definately doesn't mean it's the correct choice for you .This has to be your decission ,no one here on this site or any other site for that matter can tell you which of these 2 bow's is siuted right for you ,but you solely.

nubo

This is the best advice!!!!!! Well put nubo!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:04 AM

here on base we have 3-d shoot all this summer everyone got mathews switchback but i'm the only one with bowtech i out chrono all of them i was just shooting only 61lbs and some of them shooting 71lbs.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 PM

You cannot go wrong with a Mathews. I just got the new Switchback XT, and it is the quietest, smoothest shooting bow I've ever shot. I've owned quite a few others, and have shot many, many Bowtechs and Hoyts. Mathews, when set up correctly with a good heavy stabilizer, will outperform all other bows, including smoothness and sound level. Bowtechs are faster, but when you have a bow that is so quite, the deer will not jump the string near as quickly as they would on any other bow, therefore the extra 10 fps you gain will not hardly do anything for you. Try them both out, make sure they're set up by a professional and get the right size for you. I'll bet money that you'll get the Mathews. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:42 PM

So you picked the XT, ehh? Can't believeyou picked a Solocam overthe Binary. Oh well, just another one on theMathews bandwagon...ha ha.At the end of the day, it's always been and always will bethe shooter...not the bow.Shoot straight.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:04 PM

True. I just loved the fact that when I was shooting, all I could feel was the vanes going through my WB!!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mathews, when set up correctly with a good heavy stabilizer, will outperform all other bows, including smoothness and sound level.
I would respectfully disagree; go back and read the first page of posts... I owned both the XT and the Tribute at the same time, and my Tribute was a good bit quieter than my XT. Add in the flatter trajectory and about the same shock level -- along with the far superior string and hard wall to pull into -- and the Tribute's a clear winner to me.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I question some of these results as well. There is no way the Switchback is getting almost as much speed as the Tribute. After shooting them all, the Switchback by far was the slowest of the 4 I shot, which also included the Trykon and Allegiance.

After extensive shooting both in and out of a chrono, the Switchback although smooth, not more so and quiet but not more so was the dog of the bunch. The Tribute as much as 15 fps faster, the Allegiance even faster.

When it was all said and done, I chose the Allegiance after shooting Hoyt for 10 plus years, I was dead set on the Switchback too, it just didn't live up to the hype.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735
Old 10-19-2006, 02:36 PM

It has been hyped up quite a bit, no question there. If everyone is wanting that much speed, get the Mathews Black Max 2. It is 330+ fps. But if you're wanting accuracy, you don't want that. When you have too much speed, and believe me you can (I owned a Black Max 2), it is literally impossible to get them as accurate as a slower, and much quieter bow. The Black Max 2 is not designed to be a competition bow. As odd as it sounds, it was built for speed with a little bit of accuracy. Not quiet either.

I love Hoyts and Bowtechs as well, don't get me wrong. They are the next two on my list. But after my local bow shop, whose owner I know well, set up both a Bowtech and a Mathews to fit me, I can honestly say that after about 25 shots each, the Mathews was the one that outperformed the other, and that's the one I shot second! Not to mention that Mathews has had more tournament wins than any other bow manufacturer.

Quick Reply: Switchback XT or Bowtech Tribute?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.