Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Old 08-12-2006, 10:36 PM

Default HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Well here goes,

I love HOYT. I own 3 of them at the moment. But I bought a new trykon thinking it is the next great thing. The bow is the greast feeling bow ever when you shoot it. NO HAND SHOCK, NO VIBRATION!! It puts all others to shame(even my 06 allegiance). It was paper tuned and sighted in with feild points. Then I started tuning for my broadheads. No matter what I did(for 2 weeks everyday after work for a couple of hours)they wouldnt get any better than 8" low and 8" left. I am not the only one. I have found a few people with the same problem. Including my hunting partner. I found the ATA was off, cams were leaningandthe tiller was wrong. How in the hell could a 700$ bow leave the factory like that? After getting with my local archery "pro" It got to about 5" left and 5" low. I wanted to throw the bow against the wall. So after owning a trykon for two weeks I took it back. I will never buy a HOYT product again! That bow should have never left the factory!!
--cjc--
Old 08-12-2006, 11:22 PM

Default RE: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

What would you suggest replacing it with? We've sold at leasta hundred Trykons this year, and that's never been a problem with a single one of them.In fact, of all the guys here that have one, yours in the first I've heard as well. Obviously, every manufacturer out there makes a "lemon" occasionally. It just slips through the cracks, so I'm not saying it's not possible, because it is.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Banned

I own a Trykon and it was set up once at my dealer and has had hundreds of arrows through it and sends a 3 blade muzzy right where I aim. Has never needed any other adjustments since the initial setup. Only three posts; are you a Mathews lover in cahoots with MOTOWNHONKEY and TeeJay? LOL!!!! HCH

Old 08-13-2006, 07:48 AM

HA! I hate mathews bows. I have been a HOYT only guy for years. I dont doubt that you guys have had no problems. All I am saying is both of my vipertec bows after I tuned them put a bareshaft, feildpoint and a broadhead in a 1" circle at 20 yards. After two weeks of me and my archery guy trying to tune the trykon the closest we could get was bareshaft and feildpoint touching and broadhead 5"low 5"left. And I know a few people with the same problem. Including another bow bought at the same place. Both of these bows has a high right tear that you cant get rid of. Normaly I would just sight in for broadheads and hunt, but the ata and tillers were off. That just annoyed me. As a businness owner I would have never let them out of the factory as far out as they were. So I bought a bowtech(not a mathews)to try. This is the first non HOYT bow(other than my recurve)that I have owned in four years. Though I will most likely hunt with my 05 vipertec this year.

--cjc--
Old 08-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard of a few problems with the new Hoyt's. But they aren't all l ike that, in fact i think most of them are just fine...
Still not a Mathews though, not matter how hard they try they just can't catch us..
Old 08-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: caleb7mm

HA! I hate mathews bows. I have been a HOYT only guy for years. I dont doubt that you guys have had no problems. All I am saying is both of my vipertec bows after I tuned them put a bareshaft, feildpoint and a broadhead in a 1" circle at 20 yards. After two weeks of me and my archery guy trying to tune the trykon the closest we could get was bareshaft and feildpoint touching and broadhead 5"low 5"left. And I know a few people with the same problem. Including another bow bought at the same place. Both of these bows has a high right tear that you cant get rid of. Normaly I would just sight in for broadheads and hunt, but the ata and tillers were off. That just annoyed me. As a businness owner I would have never let them out of the factory as far out as they were. So I bought a bowtech(not a mathews)to try. This is the first non HOYT bow(other than my recurve)that I have owned in four years. Though I will most likely hunt with my 05 vipertec this year.

--cjc--
LOL!!! Welcome to the forum. I don't hate Mathews bows; Hoyt and Bowtech are just much better bows. I have a Tribute too and they are a hell of a bow. Hard to tell what is up with your Hoyt but I can assure you that Hoyt will make it right with you. HCH

Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya Caleb. You paid for the best and didn't get it, period. If Hoyt was a top notch company they would apologise profusely and do whatever it takes to make it right. Did you give them the chance?

As far as setting the thing up right I would say that's the shop that sold you the bows fault even the cam lean unless there is a manufacturing defect. The strings are not good.

There is to much of this kind of thing going on in everything.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:38 AM

As far as letting HOYT make it right. I know they would but I wasjust so irritated by the end of the two weeks I just didnt want to even see the trykon again. So I am now going to go tune my new bowtech. Wish me luck!!

--cjc--
Old 08-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like a problem that my buddy had, we were able to correct the problem by adjusting the lean on the yoke. He now shoots that bow lights out with whatever he puts on the end of the arrow.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pile'm up Caleb

Quick Reply: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.