Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:54 PM

Default RE: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

why do every time you realize that your point sucked do you say that you miss stated it?
also, i never said that my bow was a speed bow either; i just said that compared to the rest mathews are slow and an old mans bow. ie,for people who don't want to take the time and have increased speeds with a little more recoil... it falls on a continum; the more speed the more recoil. it's physics. mathews bows are slow and have little recoil.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:15 PM

Its sad to hear that you had trouble with your hoyt and I can imagine that I would have gotten aggrevated also, hopefully you will not give up on hoyt for good although you picked a good replacement IMHO.
I agree with the others that a bad one must have slipped out or at least I hope thatswhat happened and this is not a sign of things to come from Hoyt. good luck with you new Bowtech.
squirreldog
Old 08-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

My cousin has gone through 3 hoyt bows in the last 5 years. All had cam and limb problems. He now shoots a Bear and has never had a problem with it.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

There seems to be a lot of hoyts slipping through the cracks at the plants lately. I'll just put my slow mathews on cruse control and buy another one in like 10 years.

Ok...all jokes aside....I think Hoyts are great bows. It is nothing but a fact though that some of there newbows arehavingmajor problems.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I loved my Hoyt. I'm not worried about speed. I just want to kill the deer. If I shoot an "old man's bow", so be it. It is comfortable and I like it. Period.
People get too wrapped up in the brand loyalty and brand bashing.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Western I just like to have fun with this hoyt and mathews battle some times. I like hoytsand I think theirbows are sweet, it just seems they arehaving problems lately.
I know a dealer/bowshop owner close by and when I was there this spring he told me in the last year or two he’s seen more hoyt’s come back to his shop for problems then ever before. Cam leans and limb problems. I hope they get it figured out because these bows are expensive and these guys got to be pissed.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:23 PM

tschammel

Thanks for completly hijacking my thread!!

--cjc-
Old 08-15-2006, 04:28 PM

good point caleb7mm; i like to call him PMSchammel!!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: waltwittman

good point caleb7mm; i like to call him PMSchammel!!
LMAO!!
thats great. Heres my (Sarcasm)...Wow! he really talked me into buying a mathews!! I cant wait to go out a over pay for one(Sarcasm)

Heres a little fact for you PMSCHAMMEL, The man whodesigned the mathews has a degree in marketing. The owners of HOYT are engineers(and so was the founder and designer). If I had to pick a bow from one of these I think you know what would be the smartest choice.

--cjc--
Old 08-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Celeb!

I hear where your coming from ,nothing worse than getting that bad taste in your mouth ,it's hard to get rid of it .But I have to agree Hoyt is definately one the high end bow's you wouldn't expect it from ,but all bow manufacturer's are suseptable to problem ,and I don't care whether it's a Hoyt ,BowTech or even a Mathew's they all have problem's from time to time ,but I'm sure if you gave them a chance they would definately make it up to you.

I don't like to get involved in these Mathew's is the best thread's ,and I know this thread wasn't to be meant to be that .But again oneTHOSE GUY'Sjust seen a opening to start a debate . Don't pay no mind to him.

You stick with which brand suit's you the best, whether it be a Hoyt or a BowTech or which ever brand you choose .

nubo

Quick Reply: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.