Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Old 08-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

That sucks... Must be a "lemon". Hoyt has always had a great product and I am sure they would have beant over backwards to fix it for you... but I understand what you are saying... I probably would have smashed it!
I must say, to disappoint you all, I switched from a Hoyt to a Mathews this year....

Never been happier!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

You guys got to be kidding. Thats allI hear about on this forum, my new hoyt or bowtech sucks. Cams are leaning. Cracked limbs. "And Im not the only one, my buddies hoyt sucks too"

I know ya hate to hear it, but ya don't hear this about Mathews very often. When ya can't beat them.....Join them. Bowtech and Hoyt markets the crap out of their stuff. Mathews just lets the quality market it's seft. Quit waisting your time and buy a Mathews.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tschammel

You guys got to be kidding. Thats allI hear about on this forum, my new hoyt or bowtech sucks. Cams are leaning. Cracked limbs. "And Im not the only one, my buddies hoyt sucks too"

I know ya hate to hear it, but ya don't hear this about Mathews very often. When ya can't beat them.....Join them. Bowtech and Hoyt markets the crap out of their stuff. Mathews just lets the quality market it's seft. Quit waisting your time and buy a Mathews.
First off, when a hoyt or bowtech shooter comes on here and complains about his bow it's becausehis ego and brand loyaltyare not more important than his current bow choice. They want the best bow for themselves regardless of the brand.Most Mathews shooters would be too ashamed to say they got a lemon or had a problem with their beloved mathews. They wouldnt want to tarnish the name.

And far as advertising goes... take a look at any bowhunting mag and see who has bought more pages, then tell us who spends more on advertising.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've recently owned an AR, Hoyt, & now the Mathews. They were all great bows. I had and issue w/ the AR limb cracking, but they went out of their way to fix it. The Hoyt just wasn't "fitting" me right anymore. I shot them all (Bowtec, Browning, Hoyt Trykon, and the Switchback XT). The Switchback was the most comfortable. Period. I don't care what make and model somebody shoots. They are all fine bows. It's a matter of personal preference. I personally don't give a darn about how much advertising one does over the other. Shoot the bow you like... Now what you "should" like. Who really cares?
Just my opinion...

Old 08-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

First off, when a hoyt or bowtech shooter comes on here and complains about his bow it's becausehis ego and brand loyaltyare not more important than his current bow choice. They want the best bow for themselves regardless of the brand.Most Mathews shooters would be too ashamed to say they got a lemon or had a problem with their beloved mathews. They wouldnt want to tarnish the name.

And far as advertising goes... take a look at any bowhunting mag and see who has bought more pages, then tell us who spends more on advertising.
First there was a hint of sarcasm in my post, I apologize ifI didn't make it clear enough. As a Mathews shooter why would I be ashamed to complain about a problem I have with my bow. If I spent that much money on a bow and I had problems with it, you can believe I'm telling everyone what I think. That is one of the reasons I like this forum, because I learn from others and I share my experiences hunting and experiences with products that I have used. For you to state that "a mathews shooter has to big of an ego, or has tostrong ofbrand loyalty" to admit they were having a problem is not realistic and a childish statement. I chose Mathews because I shot their bows and I think they have excellent quality. Im sticking with Mathews for nowbecause I've havn't had a problem with my bowand I've never heard of anyone else having problems with theirs. If I start to hear different or experience problems that will change.

(Sarcasm)Why so bitter towards Mathews, and Mathews shooters? Is it because you've tried to catch us?......Catch us if you can! (Sarcasm)
Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hehe...

Old 08-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tschammel

Are you serious,no bigger marketer than Mathews. They spend more on TV and Full page advertising in magazines then Hoyt and Bowtech combined!!!! HCH

Old 08-14-2006, 06:17 PM

i must agree; i think that mathews is a good bow, but it is not the best bow which their marketing scheme of advertising 5 times as much as everyone else leads one to believe... there are plenty of good bows on the market and mathews is one of them along w/ PSE, Hoyt, bowtech, browning and many more of which all probably spend more money on design rather than marketing. secondly, i hear just as many problems w/ mathews as any other manufacture and mathews doesn't even make a speed bow! they make an old mans bow which is easy to tune & shoot and if that's what you want then buy a mathews, but if you want your balls to hang a little further to the ground buy something else!!
PMSchammel: for now on if you are not going to say something intelligent don't sayit at all.
thanks.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot Mathews for years!!!!! A few years ago I broke a limb on a mathews and it took me 4 months for them to get a limb to me. Thats just poor!!!!! If it wasnt for the better business bureau I probably be still waiting. Now I am Hoyt man!! Your Hoyt seems to be one of those lemons that slipped through. All bow companies have some slip through. In todays bow market its all personal choice. Almost everyone makes a good bow today.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

I miss stated my point on marketing. I just meant that the there best marketing comes from the people that shoot their bows. I seriously see a hoyt and bowteck problem on this sight everday. Cams leaning, problems with limbs, there is a new one that just came on the tech section. Hoyt guy "mycams are leaning" "my sons new hoyt exploded". EVERY DAY!I saw a hoyt guy on here the other day start a thread, "I hate to admit it but I switched over to Mathews" I don't think we'll see that guy on here camplaing about things anymore.

Waltwittman you can keep falling for the"Speed Bow" gimmicks. I stick with my quality made mathews. They sure do make those Hoyts look cool with there split limbs, though. Ooooohhh my limbs are split and I have a spead bow, but my cams are leaning.....oh well.

I'll stick with my cadillac of bows.......youwalt stick with your souped upcivic. Ooooh butthere soooooo fast.

I wonder why Matthews has the best selling bow every year......mmmmmm.

Quick Reply: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.