Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Just an idea....

Old 07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Spike

Default Just an idea....

I have been away from the forums for a while and this topic may have been proposed in the past, so I apologize if you all have been down this road before.
I plan on making the switch back to fixed blade broadheads this year. There are literally dozens to choose from and if you read the reviews any given braodhead is usually split 50:50 pros to cons. So after thumbing through the catalogs, reading the reviews, talking to people, and taking into account my own personal tastes I have narrowed my choices down to 3-5 candidates for the 2006 season. Sound familiar? Now begins the process of laying down hard earned chash for an entirepack of broadheads that I might never use beyond a few shots at the range. It seems to me that members of this board (myself included)would benefit greatly from some sort of practice broad head exchange. I am not talking about new, razor sharp hunting head that are worth $5-$10, just your average practice heads. Maybe you missed a shot or no longer use that type of head anymore...so long as the ferrule is straight and the blades aren't wrecked someone could use it rather than spend the $30 on a new 3pack. A single broadhead could be mailed anywhere in the country for less than a dollar... a small price to pay if someday you are on the recieving end of that package and it saves you some money... I have a few 100gr thunderheads, 3 blade spitfires, and some jackhammers that I would be happy to drop in the mail if someone wanted to give them a try before this upcoming season. Me? I am itching to try the1 1/8 SlickTricks, and the Muzzy 3 and 4 blades.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:12 PM

Default RE: Just an idea....

quite wasting your time!!! just buy the magnus stinger and go and kill a few more beast like the one in the picture!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Spike

Another with a Spitfire.....watched this one drop. Maybe I wont change my broadheads after all....

Old 07-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I can't wait to try the slick trick too! Might go with the stinger or new wasp aslo.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's actually not a bad idea, exchange broadhead program....Thing is with my Muzzy's...I simply change the blades and I have new broadheads to use...

You could research and trust ole 5 Shot from on this site...here's his broadhead testing site that took off from HNI years ago. http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
Old 07-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

Tough to argue with muzzy's success. They perform excellent. HCH
Old 07-30-2006, 07:19 AM

i like the slick tricks. they fly great and i appreciate the blade thickness.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:25 PM

im with gibblet on this one
Old 07-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Great idea. I shoot the Muzzy 4 blade 100 grains. All the ones I have are good and sitting atop arrows. If something changes I will send them your way.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:01 AM

hey MA bwhntr

have u checked out the new rage broadheads they are sweet i bought some last week and they shoot GREAT just like my field tips and u dont loose your penetration speed when u connect they work like none other i have seen check them out

you will like them especially if u like mech heads