HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just an idea....
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
MA_bwhntr
Spike

Default Just an idea....

I have been away from the forums for a while and this topic may have been proposed in the past, so I apologize if you all have been down this road before.
I plan on making the switch back to fixed blade broadheads this year. There are literally dozens to choose from and if you read the reviews any given braodhead is usually split 50:50 pros to cons. So after thumbing through the catalogs, reading the reviews, talking to people, and taking into account my own personal tastes I have narrowed my choices down to 3-5 candidates for the 2006 season. Sound familiar? Now begins the process of laying down hard earned chash for an entirepack of broadheads that I might never use beyond a few shots at the range. It seems to me that members of this board (myself included)would benefit greatly from some sort of practice broad head exchange. I am not talking about new, razor sharp hunting head that are worth $5-$10, just your average practice heads. Maybe you missed a shot or no longer use that type of head anymore...so long as the ferrule is straight and the blades aren't wrecked someone could use it rather than spend the $30 on a new 3pack. A single broadhead could be mailed anywhere in the country for less than a dollar... a small price to pay if someday you are on the recieving end of that package and it saves you some money... I have a few 100gr thunderheads, 3 blade spitfires, and some jackhammers that I would be happy to drop in the mail if someone wanted to give them a try before this upcoming season. Me? I am itching to try the1 1/8 SlickTricks, and the Muzzy 3 and 4 blades.