Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Sword Apex Micro 3rd Axis >

Sword Apex Micro 3rd Axis

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sword Apex Micro 3rd Axis

Old 05-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sword Apex Micro 3rd Axis

So it finally got here. I am pleased so far, however I was only able to fiddle with it in the car over my lunch break. The main concern I had was the sight pins in the slots that are similar to a dead nuts....I had a few major issues with this same design on the copper john sights however Sword seems to have used MUCH better materials that are not prone to the pin track marring and bending problems. The pins in this sword seem to adjust easily, almost as easily as my spot hogg w/ micro adjust pins.

The sight is actually one of the finest pieces of machining I have seen yet, I am quite impressed with the attention to detail on this sight and think it is possibly the best sight out there for a 3D specific HC setup due to the availability of .010 pins. The bearing clicker assembly on the sight bar isan awesome touch. It will also work fine as a hunting sight as well, I will be using this on my backup hunting bow as well.

To sum it up, you should definitely consider this sight as well as spot hogg if you want a super high quality pins sight. I can't wait to shoot it tonight.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sword Apex Micro 3rd Axis

Alright, I love this sight. This is IMHO the best sight out there for HC 3D..........these pins are amazing and are just as easy to adjust as the spot hogg. I still like the fact that Spot Hogg has the 2nd axis adjustment on it, but I also like all the other attributes of the sword much better. I will be putting the Old Glory on a medicine stone vise that measures 2nd and 3rd axis next week, so that will tell clearly if the lack of 2nd axis adjustment is going to be a problem or not. I think I am going to have to get the shop to start carrying these sights.......this area is polluted with HC shooters that have HC specific rigs and this is perfect for that kind of a setup.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:21 PM

Default RE: Sword Apex Micro 3rd Axis

I'm looking at a sword site. How bright are the .010 pins? I like the Toxonics sites because they are bright for hunting.