Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Trophy Ridge Matrix problem. >

Trophy Ridge Matrix problem.

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge Matrix problem.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Trophy Ridge Matrix problem.

I've been shooting with a Trophy Ridge Matrix 3 pin sight for about a year now and just discovered a problem with it. With the verticle pins I can't tell the difference in the pins when I am in shade and my target is in bright sunlight. It looks like a single pin sight. No problem at 20 yds but I can't see the 30 or 40.
I'm glad I haven't had a shot opportunity at an animal in a sunlit pasture while I was in the shady brush. I discovered this problem when I moved my target in the back yard. My wife did some landscaping and my range was not a part of her plan. Now I stand in the shade with my target in direct sunlight. I will soon be going to a different sight. I have never been happy with the TRs ability to gather light when hunting late or early. This is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
I think maybe a Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil or maybe a Spott Hog.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Matrix problem.

I don't know what to tell you? I had a Matrix and I can't say I had the same problem. I got a Hogg-It this winter and can't say enough about it.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know what to tell you either...I got the TR Matrix and absolutely love it!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had this very problem this turkey season. If you sit in a double bull blind, and try to sight on a target, in even cloudy conditions, it's nearly impossible to see each individual pin, BUT I had some of the glow sticks that TR has available for the sight, and I used them and they kind of solve the problem. When I say they "kind of" solved the problem, I mean right at first, the glow stick worked great and I could easily see each individual pin, BUT after about an hour, the glow sticks fade to the point at which I had trouble seeing each pin again, even though the gow sticks do glow for several hours.
So, the available glow sticks help, BUT I think for next year, I will have one of the little lights installed on my sights, Just for turley hunting out of the blind. I've never really had any trouble's other than this. BUT from inside a blind, the TR matrix is not good at all, I hope adding a light to it solves this problem.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the wonderful world of TR. Buy a different brand and the problems will go away! I've read WAY too many complaints over the years about these sights. Like 500x the complaints than any other sight manufacturer! K.I.S.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a light on mine and the pins light up plenty
Old 05-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

My VBG doesn't need a light to be glowing way past legal shooting hours!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

I put a light on mine also, works great in the blind but didnt like the
blind so I sold it now I have alight on my sight but no blind.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

txrookie if and when you want to get rid of that matrix 3 pin let me know.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

My VBG doesn't need a light to be glowing way past legal shooting hours
Is that true from with-in a black interior blind, looking out into a bright back ground?

jag-mag, what kind of blind did you have that you didn't like. We've been using the double bull blinds, and I can't think of anything about them that we don't like!

TR now offers a little lite that attaches to the matrix for $15!

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge Matrix problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.