Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 API Grand Slam Bowhunter >

API Grand Slam Bowhunter

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

API Grand Slam Bowhunter

Old 03-20-2006, 04:59 PM

Default API Grand Slam Bowhunter

I was thinking about buying one of these stands from a buddy. Can anyone give any info on them? Are they comfortable? Do the Chains grip well and is it quiet when climbing? Also need to know about packablility since I will be walking several miles with it on my back every time I hunt. Thanks for any replies.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: API Grand Slam Bowhunter

The API Bowhunter is my favorite. Very comfortable, easy setup and reliable.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

I love mine have had it for over 4 years and have had no issues with it. It is not the quietest in the woods but if you take your time it is pretty quiet. It is very comfortable and very steady once in the tree. I pack mine in on public land and it is average wieght, I am used to mine and don't find it to be that bad and I have added alot of extra weight to mine for convience features. I would recommend getting the foot rest though. I also cut my hand climbing extensions off the top section. Now it is just the arm padded area that meets the flat connection bar. I cut off the 4" protruding piece for better clearance. It grips the tree to no end, I have climbed some slick trees and some shag bark hickory's with no issues. The best thing I have found with the API to improve then is to dip the chains in Liquid rubber on the area that goes around the tree. It has made it extremely durable and I will not have to re-shrink tube the chains for years.
Hope this is of help. ~Jeff
Old 03-21-2006, 06:31 PM

I have the grand slam magnum.I wiegh 280.The chains have never slipped.I dont even use the rachet strap.Just sit in it.I am 53 (getting kinda old to cimb trees huh)and it is comfortable enough to sit 4 and 5 hours at a time no problem.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:35 PM

Oh mine weighs 34 lbs that part sucks.Dont scout with it on you back find a spot mark with GPS then go get it ,but the light ones I have seen and buddys have they cant sit very long.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:18 AM

thanks for the help guys. Where can I get "Liquid Rubber"
Old 03-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Walmart has small pint size cans that are blue in color on the label and are found in the automotive area. I found mine near the auto body repair stuff. ~Jeff
Old 03-23-2006, 12:12 PM

Alright Thanks a lot, good to see someone else from carbondale...go salukis! (hahahaha) You ever hunt Giant City? We found a dead buck out there this year, real nice seven pointer.