Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 API grand slam extreme bowhunter climbing stand? >

API grand slam extreme bowhunter climbing stand?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

API grand slam extreme bowhunter climbing stand?

Old 01-25-2004, 12:51 PM

Default API grand slam extreme bowhunter climbing stand?

What does everybody think of this stand? I am thinking of purchasing one and would like to the pros and cons of the stand and API.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: API grand slam extreme bowhunter climbing stand?

I can't speak for that particular stand, but I can vouch for API. I have the Grand Slam Shootin' Star and its a good stand. Setup is pretty simple, very comfortable, quiet while climbing and very stable while on the tree. Mine has the "shooting bar" that raises or lowers for rifle or bowhunting. That feature comes in handy if you're a pistol hunter like myself. The only fault I have with mine is its kind of cumbersome to pack. In backpacking "mode", it don't lay as flat as some others do. My stand is 6 yrs old and API may have changed their design by now, I don't know for sure.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not sure if this is the same stand or not but I just saw that Cabelas has a recall notice on one of the API climbers.

I have had an API Bowhunter climber for about 4 years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. About the only negative is that the new stands are being imported and reportedly not of the same quality level as in past years.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:27 AM

i have an api grand slam and they are great stands, i like them and they are comfortorable
Old 02-09-2004, 01:40 PM

I have a summit and and my brother has an API stand. I find his API to be just a shade better. It's weighs a couple pounds more, but seat and platform pack flat against each other better. I also like his chain better than my coated cable for holding against the tree. Don't get me wrong, I love my Summit and the price was a bit less, but if I had it to do again, I'd buy the API Grand Slam. Juniorpc.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

We have a Summit Viper and 2 API Grand Slam Magnum Supreme climbers. All are used hard during the Va, and Pa. seasons.

The Summit sticks to a tree better, but because of the sharper angle of the blade is not as good on larger trees. The API is a tad more comfortable.

Both are fine stands.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing I like about my API,is it sets up and climbs quietly.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:57 AM

I also thought my brothers API handled a slippery wet smooth tree better when I did a comparision, not that I would climb a smooth tree in the rain on purpose. Juniorpc.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is a recall on certain models and they are now imported but so are a lot of the other stands. After toying with Treelounges, Summit Evolutions I have settled on two stands that pack flatter than the aforementioned and are more secure in trees whether wet or not..Buckshot Centershot w/safety rail and the Ol' Man Grand vision...I love these 2 stands to death. I plan on buying 1 more Ol' man this year
Old 02-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: API grand slam extreme bowhunter climbing stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.