Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Want More Accuracy? Pick Carbon Tech Arrows >

Want More Accuracy? Pick Carbon Tech Arrows

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Want More Accuracy? Pick Carbon Tech Arrows

Old 01-25-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Want More Accuracy? Pick Carbon Tech Arrows

I have now been shooting Carbon Tech arrows for a couple weeks. I was previously shooting Gold Tip XT 7595 Hunter arrows. I just can’t say enough about the newly found Carbon Tech Arrows. I don’t understand why these arrows are not used by more hunters and target shooters. The company is small, but their quality control is amazing. If you order direct from Carbon Tech they will even let you "hand pick" a set of arrows that favor the lower or upper limits of your spine range. The first few days with them I thought I was just having a good day at the range. Since then I have been duplicating 3 inch 5 shot groups at 60 yards. That is with a 443 grain hunting arrow and 4 inch vanes. What the heck? Before you all go saying that’s B.S… I give all credit tomy equipment, since I know that I’m by no means a great shot and this accuracy never existed with my previous arrows. As soon as I got them I shot all 12 at 30 yards to pattern their impact points. I only had 1 arrow out of the 12 that kept hitting 1 inch high and about the 11 o’clock position, I numbered this arrow #3 for third string. The remaining 11 arrows kept me busy trying to figure out what ones to use as my hunting (best pick) 1st string arrows and my 2nd string practice arrows. After wasting more time than required I finally split them down the middle based off of what side of the 3 inch circle they were favoring. They are slightly stiffer than I need, but are showing great results. Just more proof that a stiffer arrow is more consistant.

Like anything else that I find, test and believe in…I will always post it here. Try these babies out, you will love them.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:19 PM

Default RE: Want More Accuracy? Pick Carbon Tech Arrows

That's great to hear. I just bought a new bow and asked forGold Tip Pro's... he talked me into the Carbon Tech's... told me just about what you said. He claimedthe GT's have too wide a variation in weights... much worse than they advertise... while CT's are dead onwithin advertised tolerances. He also admitted though that the CT's wouldn't stand up as well as the GT's if you hit a tree or shoot straight into the ground. I'll take accuracy over that. I haven't shot enough with the new bow yet but eventually hope to see what you are seeing.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:36 PM

What kind of CT arrows did you get for him to say they will not hold up as well as others? Carbon Tech makes several different kinds of arrows to match specific purposes. The Cheetahs are lightweight and designed more for target (some use them for hunting), Panthers can be used for both target and hunting and spine can be controlled depending on what end of the arrow you hack off. Then they have the Whitetails, Rhinos and Hippos. Each one has more wraps during the manufacturing process, thus making them stronger vs. light and brittle.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:52 PM

I completely agree.I absolutely love my Whitetail XP's.Whats weird is when i bought them i also found one arrow that was a bit off its spine or something,Kept getting a left tear i believe,then we tried others and got bullet holes.,Plus these arrows are waaayyyy straight.Gotta luv sum Carbon Tech's
Old 01-25-2006, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

I completely agree.I absolutely love my Whitetail XP's.Whats weird is when i bought them i also found one arrow that was a bit off its spine or something,Kept getting a left tear i believe,then we tried others and got bullet holes.,Plus these arrows are waaayyyy straight.Gotta luv sum Carbon Tech's
Funny....maybe they have a pile over against the wall of defective arrows and throw one in every dozen to spread the love and keep costs down.HAHA! Just kidding. On a serious note, 1 slightly faulty arrow out of a dozzen is better than most. Everybody needs a 3rd string on the team. [:-]
Old 01-25-2006, 03:14 PM

You get no complaints outta me about these arrows
Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 AM

Is there link where you can order direct from or a phone#?

Are they listed at any online stores or catalogs?

Thanks guys
Old 01-26-2006, 08:01 AM

Mildot... I have the Whitetails. Don't get me wrong, my dealer loves Carbon Tech's and was only indicating that if you took a Gold Tip and a Carbon Tech and started shooting them into progressively harder targets(trees etc) that the carbon tech wouldsplit before the GT. But that's one man's opinion.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: alwyshntn

Is there link where you can order direct from or a phone#?

Are they listed at any online stores or catalogs?

Thanks guys
Here is their web sight...nothing special...http://www.carbontecharrows.com/
Their phone # is 1-916-641-8088. Like I said they are a small company so their marketing isn't the greatest, but their quality control is excellent.
They are less expensive if you order them online from a dealer. Try www.mountain-archery.com
Old 01-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both GT and Carbon Tech make great arrows. If you are purchasing the pro grade GT's, you will see the same weight variances as any other arrows. Out of the 3 dozen Pro 22's I purchased last season, I found 1 full length shaft that was more than 1 grain difference from the rest of the dozen. So their weight tolerances are pretty good. Spine tolerances may be a different story though. I have not personally tested either on a spine testing maching, but have read favorable reviews showing great results with the Carbon Tech.

I will be using both this year. I will be shooting Pro 22's for ASA events out of my Constitution, or if I decide to shoot my Allegiance in short stake/pins class in local competition where there is no speed restrictions. For my Constitution with a lense, I will be shooting Cheetah 3D's because they are a bit lighter and *should* help get me to about 300fps out of my Constitution with a good spine, and FOC according to OnTarget2. I don't know what I will hunt with this year, but they will be either Carbon Tech or GT's, thats for sure.

Quick Reply: Want More Accuracy? Pick Carbon Tech Arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.