Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Trykon

Old 12-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt Trykon

Any thoughts on the new Hoyt Trykon? I shot it the other day and loved it. I have a long draw length so i ordered the Trykon XL.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:06 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Trykon

I have one on order. I shot the Hoyt Trykon, Hoyt UltraTec, Mathews SB & SBXT, Mathews Conquest & Ovationand Bowtech Tribute... same nightone after the other.I threw out the longer bows first... they felt great and shot great but I wasn't looking for a longer bow... I only shot them for draw and shot comparison. I wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake going to a shoter bow. On the shorter bows I narrowed it to the SBXT & Trykon... and believe me... I would have taken any of the bows I shot in a heart beat... but I took the Trykon. Why? It just felt best for me and at full draw it was absolutely perfectly still in my hand.
The dealer was great... he shoots a Bowtech and kept telling me... forget the brand name... shoot all the bows as much as you need to and pick the one that feals best to you and that gives you the best results.After I picked the Trykon he told me that by watching me that would have been the one he would have picked for me... maybe that's a salesman talking but he never pushed me from one to the other.

Too try to answer your question... you have to answer that for yourself.. if you like it go for it. I'm shooting a 10yr old bow right now so everyone of these bows impressed me... A LOT. Good luck.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wicchunter

I have one on order. I shot the Hoyt Trykon, Hoyt UltraTec, Mathews SB & SBXT, Mathews Conquest & Ovationand Bowtech Tribute... same nightone after the other.I threw out the longer bows first... they felt great and shot great but I wasn't looking for a longer bow... I only shot them for draw and shot comparison. I wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake going to a shoter bow. On the shorter bows I narrowed it to the SBXT & Trykon... and believe me... I would have taken any of the bows I shot in a heart beat... but I took the Trykon. Why? It just felt best for me and at full draw it was absolutely perfectly still in my hand.
The dealer was great... he shoots a Bowtech and kept telling me... forget the brand name... shoot all the bows as much as you need to and pick the one that feals best to you and that gives you the best results.After I picked the Trykon he told me that by watching me that would have been the one he would have picked for me... maybe that's a salesman talking but he never pushed me from one to the other.

Too try to answer your question... you have to answer that for yourself.. if you like it go for it. I'm shooting a 10yr old bow right now so everyone of these bows impressed me... A LOT. Good luck.
Very well said. I have the Trykon and I love it. I to shot several and they are all very nice. I personally like the tec riser and the way if feels in my hand. I was not a lucky as you as the dealer pushed the SBXT very hard but I just didn't like it as much.

So the best advice I have heard on here is shoot them all and decide for YOURSELF. The name on the bow is just a name. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

I shot one today thinking of getting one just curious is $300.00 a fair amount for a trade in price for a bare bow for my V-TEC? or $375.00 for the accesories I have on my V-TEC?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one today thinking of getting one just curious is $300.00 a fair amount for a trade in price for a bare bow for my V-TEC? or $375.00 for the accesories I have on my V-TEC?
If you check the classifieds both here and over on archerytalk.com I think you will see that Vtecs are listed usually around $500.00 used without accessories. You also have to factor in the savings in retail tax from your trade in.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:27 PM

i shot one for the first time today and loved it. if i wouldnt have bought a new bow last year i would get one.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was looking at one the other day at the pro shop here in town. I didn't shoot it though. I'll have to wait at lease another year before I get a new bow. Nice looking bow though. I have a Vipertec now and love it.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

how much are trykons ust the bare bow?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:32 AM

Prices range, I got mine for about $680, but that was discounted from $730 because I bought all of my accessories through the same guy.

Basically, the set up price, with all of my accessories drove the price for thebow down to $680.

I thought $680 was a pretty decent price for Trykon, I know guys are buying them from ranges of $650-750.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Hoyt Trykon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.