Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Trykon

Old 12-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hoyt Trykon

I personally like the VTec better than the Trykon if I were going to buy a Hoyt. I shot the Trykon and I personally didn't like the draw. To me something didn't feel right with the valley. Maybe it is my imagination but I wasn't 100% impressed.

I am not a big fan of split limbs so I am probably the wrong person to give a Hoyt opinion.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

what bow do u shoot gut check
Old 12-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the Mathews Switchback. I also have an AR-31. Might be willing to sell that before next year. I just bought the Switchback and haven't had it hunting yet. Getting the fine tuning done right now and spending some time in the range.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:56 AM

I just purchased a Mathews Switchback XT yesterday, but had a hard time choosing bewteen the Trykon and the Mathews. What a great bow both units are. The Mathews just felt a "bit" better, mainly due to the lighter weight. Both shot fantastic, and I had a hard time not picking the Hoyt. Actually, when at full draw, the Hoyt felt more solid. Really it came down to almost flipping a coin, and, since I do a bit of stalking, the weight was a factor.

I would say that if you are looking for a bow, go to a dealer that is pretty objective and that will let you fire a number of models. Then it comes down to what feels best for you. I have not tried the BowTech Allegience, but heard that the Trykon, Switchback and Allegience are three bows that are in the same class.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:33 AM

Love my Trykon!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:40 AM

Love the Trykon XL.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was at the pro shop (BlueRidge Backwoods) with my wife and she got a new RinTec XL and I was feeling up the trykons and really like them as well. I think next year that will be the one for me. I have a long draw as well, so I may need to go to the ProTec since it is offered in 33" because even with my release I think I will max out the Trykon, but I am hoping not since I really like that Trykon, and Hoyts in general, I'm jealous of my wife's new rig!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one this evening and now have an XL on the way. Fantastic shooter!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

I shot one this evening and now have an XL on the way. Fantastic shooter!
Right there with ya. I shot the Trykon XL for the second time today, and I finally have the funds to get it tommorrow. It will retire my Hoyt Magnatec and UltraTec. I am going to put a NAP rest on it with a TruGlo sight. Oh ya, the new turkey and target killer will definately come in handy....
Old 01-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Ordered my trykon on friday.
80%
ripcord rest
fuse two piece quiver
vbg triangle sight

Quick Reply: Hoyt Trykon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.