Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 help.....Ripcord or QAD ultra rest? >

help.....Ripcord or QAD ultra rest?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

help.....Ripcord or QAD ultra rest?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:10 PM

Default help.....Ripcord or QAD ultra rest?

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but which of these two rests do you guys prefer: Ripcord or QAD ultra fallaway rests? They seem very similar. I like the way both rests can be clicked into the upright position.

I am buying a Hoyt VTEC and was wondering if the TEC arch affects the cord attachment from the rest to the cable? Looks like it might be in the way but I figured one could take the cord around the back of it.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:00 PM

Default RE: help.....Ripcord or QAD ultra rest?

I researched over 20 different rests and got it narrowed down to the two you listed. Good job.Ivote for the QAD rest. Both are good choices, so either way you will be in good shape. Get the new 2006 QAD that will be comming out shortly.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:34 PM

I looked at the QAD and liked the deep U shaped rest... however the Schaffer is better built and they are suppose to come out with the same style deep U after the first of the year. Supposedly it will be compatible with their current rests. Have you looked at the Schaffer? Here is a link:
www.schafferarchery.com

I'm also looking at the Trophy RidgeDrop Away... but only because of what I have read here. But right now I am leaning to the Schaffer.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have only had the Ripcord for about 2 weeks but so far it works
fine for me. I have it on a '05 Switchback so I am not sure if the
cord would be in the way on the Hoyt.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:05 AM

My recomendation is for the QAD Ultra. I really like mine because of the total containment feature. The speed with which the prongs drop is adjustable. The Ripcord is not adjustable.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:36 PM

I second the shaffer. Owned two qads. Prefer trophy taker or schaffer for clearance issues.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:14 PM

I like the QAD. The Ripcord offers everything the QAD does except the QAD stays up after a slow letdown preventing your arrow from falling off the launcher (not a good thing especially if you shoot broadheads). With the QAD you can shorten your arrows so that the broadhead comes all the way back to the Launcher, which in the up position is at the back of the riser.

One thing with the Tech Riser. The windage adjustment falls directly behind it. Set the windage (without the spacer) one increment left of center. This is pretty close for most Tech Risers. If you need to adjust windage (with the QAD), you will need to cutdown a hex key or loosen the Mounting block to get to the adjustment.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with bullethole, both are good, but the QAD will stay up if you have to let down and the ripcord will go down. Not good if old Mr. Droptine hears the arrow hit the metal.