Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ripcord rest

Old 07-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Spike

Default ripcord rest

anyone use this rest. how would it work with a bowtech allegience and gold tips.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ripcord rest

i would go with trophy ridge or trophy taker or NAP rest have heard some unsure things about ripcord
Old 07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myself and 4 of my friends have the RipCords on our bows, and we all love them. Only 1 guy had a problem with it, and it was the way it was put on, and RipCord sent him a brand new rest, he had a differnt shop put it back on, and since then no problems with his
Old 07-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one on my Allegiance shooting Gold Tip 7595 Pro-Hunters.......so far so good but I haven't been shooting that bow much beyond messing around.
It's still the hot and heavy 3D season so I won't get to really evaluate it for a couple weeks yet.

So far it seems very quiet and consistent but I also want to try the Muzzy Zero Effect "Next Gen" for parallel limb bows on it as well. I loved my ZE's for the years leading up til' the limbs really started getting laid back and they became a pain to tune. Now they have one that apparently compliments today's extreme limb angles and low slide travel so I want to try it as well before I decide on a winner for the season.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 PM

I have one on my Patriot and like it much better than the Shakey Hunter rest I had previously. My group shrunk a considerable amount when I made the switch. The full enclosure of the upper bar really makes it nice. I did however sand down the thickness of the upper arm where it mounts to the rest to get it closer to the launcher when it's in the up position.
One other trick I tried was to put a foam ear plug with a light string through it between the containment arm and the arrow. This holds the arrow nice and tight so it doesn't bounce around while you're walking and when you draw the bow the ear plug falls away and hangs harmlessly by the string.

It works for me but I haven't trieda lot of other rests.

Hollow Point
Old 07-27-2006, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy has one and oves it.