Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Buying a bow after Christmas >

Buying a bow after Christmas

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Buying a bow after Christmas

Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Buying a bow after Christmas

Hello all. Used to be on this forum, but lost my name and password and had notbeen able to sign on at my new job. Certain giant corporations don't mcuh care for that. has afforded me the oppurtunity to make a new purchase.Anyway, looking to buy a new bow after Christmas. My old bow was a piece when I got it and its future doesn't look good.Ok, so I am probably going tobuy one that;s set up already.I have a feeling this probably is not the best idea, but I want to spend about 500-600 total.I have mostly looked at Bass Pro's website and they seem to have a good selection. I have included the linkto their site, in case anybody has the urge to see at what I have been looking. I am pretty clueless, as I am pretty sure a whisker biscuit wasn't even invented when I bought my bow. I will hunt mostly whitetail in Missouri hardwoods. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.SubClass?hvarDept=400&hvarEvent=&h varClassCode=13&hvarSubCode=2&cmid=HUSUB_O S_ARCHERY_BOWSETS
Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM

Default RE: Buying a bow after Christmas

try this site for bow packages:
http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowpkg2.htm

Old 12-01-2005, 05:46 PM

CPH45,

If you don't mind a shorter ATA bow I would follow the link above on splint2004 post and scroll down to the supreme packages. 1st one on the left would work great for you and still be within your price range. If you want to save a little more go with the same bow but the 2005 model just above it. That web sight is the best sight I have seen yet on the net. They have lots of educational articles to read and they all help you pick out what products are best for you.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

i know this isn't the place to do this but, i have a 2004 PSE firestorm light that i am trying to sell, no real reason other than i am going to upgrade to a bowtech tribute. the firestorm has the centerfire one cam on it, hard shell case, F-22 sight (made by PSE), wisker bisket rest and extra bisket, kwikee quiver, winners choice strings, limb savers, peep,and string loop completely set up ready to shoot will be close to sighted in when you get it. i am asking 475 for it with all the stuff on it and what not. If you are interested or would like to see a pic email me and i will hook one up. my email is [email protected]. Hope you find what you are looking for, good luck. glad to hear you are getting back into it.
marshall
Old 12-02-2005, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the input guys. That site is great. Appreciate the input, I did not realize all the new stuff out there and got a alittle overwhelmed. Mac, I will try to send you ane-mail for a pic this weekend. Thanks again guys.