Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Buying First Gun...Help >

Buying First Gun...Help

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Buying First Gun...Help

Old 10-22-2008, 04:28 PM

Default Buying First Gun...Help

So I am buying my first gun and I am having a problem deciding exactly what gun I want. I want something that is going to outlast me. I will be using it primarily for whitetail and hogs. I'm looking at the new browning x-bolt, but I'm unsure of the gun because it just came out. I kinda want a classic. Help.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Buying First Gun...Help

For a classic go with a Remington 700 or you could getan actual classic and get one from around 1970's.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is your price range? I f you want a classic that will deffenetaly out live you try a Weatherby, but the Remington 700 and Browning A-Bolt are true classic that will last a lifetime.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

What is your price range? I f you want a classic that will deffenetaly out live you try a Weatherby, but the Remington 700 and Browning A-Bolt are true classic that will last a lifetime.
I agree w/ the above but take a look at the Savage american classic line ,the accutrigger is great and easily adjustable to 2.5lbs w/ no creep. I got 2 and love em! very accurate! Savage is a good company w/ good customer service. Just stick w/ theyre wood stocks. Another nice choice is Tikka T3 or sako a7 line.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Winchester Model 70, about as classic as you can get. Well I take that back, MAUSER, the original bolt gun. Remington has the 798 and 799. CZ is suposed to be good too and they are also Mausers.

Have you decided on a caliber yet?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GbarrenLA

So I am buying my first gun and I am having a problem deciding exactly what gun I want. I want something that is going to outlast me. I will be using it primarily for whitetail and hogs. I'm looking at the new browning x-bolt, but I'm unsure of the gun because it just came out. I kinda want a classic. Help.
As long as you go with a good brand and don’t try to just buy cheap you can’t go wrong with any gun. Number one and most important is when looking for a new gun get the one that feels good to you and shoulders good. Because we are not going to be the one that uses it. Have fun with whatever gun you go with By the way you cannot go wrong with a Browning.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:17 AM

I love my Tikka but tis not really a classic like you want. It fits me great though.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the Howa. For the money I don't think there's a better deal out there. Got one on my wish list right now.

Tom
Old 10-23-2008, 07:09 AM
DM

ORIGINAL: GbarrenLA

More than likely any of the middle priced guns will outlast you... These days, the hard part is, finding a "company" that will outlast you!!

DM
Old 10-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Key to longevity is to maintain the gun properly. If you take care of it any gun will last a lifetime or more.

Quick Reply: Buying First Gun...Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.