Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow straightness

Old 11-21-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Arrow straightness

I got a new bow right before the season so I didnt have the $$ to get new arrows. I have been shooting my Gold Tip XT 5575. I had to back down to a 100gr head, the 125gr were way too heavy and did not shoot well. According to all the charts I should be shooting 7595's

My question is..... is it worth the extra $$ to get the XT over the expedition shafts. The XT are .003" the Exp are .006" other than that the arrows are the same. I am far from a tournament grade archer but I hate to think that my groups suck because of my equipment, instead of me

Can you really tell the difference between shooting the two shafts??

For example with my rifle I hand load with premium bullets, casesand powder so if I blow a shot I know is was me not the gun or ammo.

I would hate to get the cheaper shafts then when I cant get a good group to have it in the back of my mind. Is it the cheaper shafts,OR my crappy form.[:@][>:]
Old 11-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Arrow straightness

I have tried the cheaper shafts from a couple of manufacturers and I can tell you that with out a doubt I can see a differance in the flight of the arrow. Especially with fixed blade broadheads on the front.

It's not just the straightness that is affected with the cheaper shafts. The consistancy in the spine, weight tollerances within the dozen, wall thickness are all less tollerant in the cheaper shafts.

Buy the best shaft you can afford.