Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Summit Cobra XLS Climber >

Summit Cobra XLS Climber

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Cobra XLS Climber

Old 10-17-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Summit Cobra XLS Climber

Just wanted to know what you all think about the Cobra XLS Climber by Summit... I picked mine up at Dicks for $189 and dont think its worth the money. First it has no bar in front ( open front )... This makes me feel like im gonna fall out even with my harness on with leads me to the next problem.. the seat is wayy too short wich also makes me feel like im goin to fall out...

Its too late to return it now so i guess im gonna have to deal with it but i just wanted to know opinions to see if it was just me who is havin problems..

THANKS AND KEEP HUNTING !!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:22 AM

Default RE: Summit Cobra XLS Climber

I chose the Cobra because of the lack of a front bar, which allows you to shoot while sitting down, if you had wanted a bar they sell those models as well. As for the seat being "to short", what do you mean? You know that it is completely adjustable right? Also, the distance between the seat and the platform is totally dependent on you and how you set them up once you have climbed the tree. If you require the feeling of something in front of you I'd either buy a different model, or do what I do when I want to feel secure during a nap, just connect a strap between the arm rests and you can't fall out.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:23 AM

Default RE: Summit Cobra XLS Climber

sounds like you just picked the wrong summit for your liking should have gotten the razor x5 then you would have gotten 2 stands in 1 in a way as once you are up in the tree you can then let the front bar down and hunt with an open front stand, this is the second summit ive bought and i will never buy another brand,, btw if you call summit they might be willing to trade your stand in on an razor. a friend of mine just did that 2 weeks ago