Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Slick Tricks - Best I Have Shot (Warning - Wound Pictures Attached) >

Slick Tricks - Best I Have Shot (Warning - Wound Pictures Attached)

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Tricks - Best I Have Shot (Warning - Wound Pictures Attached)

Old 10-16-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Slick Tricks - Best I Have Shot (Warning - Wound Pictures Attached)

I shot a doe yesterday with Slick Trick 100 grain broad heads and all I can is, a great broad head. 22 yard shot with pass thru. The arrow broke right through the deers shoulder when exiting. Deer went 35 yards before she went down for good.

Pictures of entry and exit wounds.

Entry:

and exit:

In 30 yearsof hunting best broad head I have used!
Old 10-16-2005, 06:56 PM
BFR
Spike

Default RE: Slick Tricks - Best I Have Shot (Warning - Wound Pictures Attached)

Nice shot tray. I ordered slick tricks just before the season because of all the praise they received on this forum. They sent me 125gr. heads by mistake, so I gave them to a friend who is shooting a crossbow this year because of a shoulder injury. His Thunderheads were hitting 9 inches off from his field points and I thought this would be the ultimate test for a broadhead that claims no planing. They shot right with his field points from a fast crossbow.

I re-ordered some 100 gr. slick tricks and a buck and a doe with them already this year. Each shot was about 30 yds. through an opening about 5 in. wide. The arrow flewexactlywhere I was aiming each time, and both were perfect pass throughs with holes just like your pictures.

I've used many broadheads and these are the best by far. Just resharped your blades and your good to go. Congradulations on your deer tray.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love the Slick Trick's as well ,and as soon as I take a deer with one I'll post another pic for ya's.I'm glad to hear you like them.

nubo
Old 10-16-2005, 08:15 PM

Thanks guys,

I tell ya, I have tried many broadheads over the years, but the Slick Tricks fly just like my field points, bust threw a deer'sshoulder like that, and create that wound channel....... I am a believer.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great shot there Tray. Those pics pretty much mirror my results from last year. Huge holes, super bone busting capeabilities, and wonderful penetration.

I wish I would have thought to take some pics last season. Hopefully I can remember to bring the camera along with me this year just in case the deer cooperate.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a doe today and the hole looked just like that, 100 slick trick, she only ran 20 yards and piled up. blood everywhere. Much bigger hole than my 100 muzzy's
Old 10-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I am waiting for my ST's to come in the mail soon! I can't stand all the hype and want to check them out with my set up. We'll see how they work and if its not too much of a change I might give em a try this season![8D]