Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Darton archery

Old 10-05-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Darton archery

Hi, anyone have any experience with the darton line of bows, wondering how the draw cycle is and how the C P S cam system is, thanks for any responses guys and girls.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Darton archery

I have a Darton Maverick single cam....very smooth and little vibration. I picked one up and tested it in our local sporting goods store about 4-5 years ago. That was a mistake. It went home with me that day! It has been flawless and a pleasure to shoot. Is it the best? I doubt it but a very nice bow nonetheless.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:36 AM

Darton makes a good bow. I used to own the Darton Maverick that the previous person spoke of. Four years ago it was a viable option. However,if you don't think bows have come light-years since then your crazy. Shoot one next to a Mathews Switchback for instance. Anytime you hear someone talk about there 4 year old bow they might be a hell of a hunter. However, don't take there opinion on technical questions. Things are moving way to fast for that.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Sheriff92,

haha how can you judge how technical a person is from the age of their bow. thats one of the dumbest things i've ever read. how do u know that "jackson bowner" doesnt own 20 new bows and was just stating facts about the darton. I know a guy that just got a Switchback, does that mean he knows what he's talking about.haha he doesnt have a clue about bows or hunting but he's not affraid to spend the money. use your head next time you post.

JrsyBowHunter,

I bought a Magnum extreme this summer, i love it. I could have bought pretty much any bow but this bow just seemed to fit me perfect. I think you'll be pleased with Darton, just make sure you go try them out to make sure.

Zach

Old 10-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Spike

I own a Darton Maverick with the CPS cam system. Darton is the only make I have ever owned, although I have shot many. It has killed many deer for me. There are many good bows out there though. It all depends on what is comfortable in your hands.As previously stated, I believe you should shoot a metric buttload of bows and find out what is the most comfortable to you, and go with it! Speed doesn't kill......shot placement kills!
Old 10-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one of the Tempest's and Tundra's not too long ago. One of the locals here is a Prostaffer for them and an excellent spots shooter that I bump into and shoot with on occasion at the local shoots. They both had great draw cycles, and were great bows. The one thing I did notice was that they both had quite a bit of hand shock in them compared to the other bows I have shot. Keep in mind though that I am shooting a Patriot w/ an STS on it so mine is more dead in the hand than most others I have shot.

Other than the hand shock, it was a great bow. If you like it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Make sure you shoot all the others first though in that price range.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

The CPS cam system is an exceptionally smooth drawing cam considering the KE that most of their bows are capable of generating. It is also extremely adjustable and a breeze to tune in my opinion.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:06 AM

Dartons CPS system is SMOOOOOTH, and offers good speed with a lot of brace height. I am personally not the biggest Darton fan and prefer the Pearson/McPherson clone of the CPS in the hurricane cams offered on some of their bows. If you were to go with Darton, DEFINITELY go with one of their CPS bows.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:34 AM

I once drew a Darton bow with the CPS cam system and itwas WAY SMOOOTH.very nice.In fact i know someone who can have any bow that he wants at any time,and if i am not mistaken that bow is still his main go to bow.good luck
Old 10-07-2005, 06:26 PM

Hello everyone, thanks for the replies to my questions, i went tonight and actually bought a darton vapor, and it is one very smoothe bow and the handle fits my hand like it was made just for me, needed a new bow because of a sholder problem and the darton fit the needs of what i was looking for, thanks a bunch.