Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Raingear?

Old 08-22-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Raingear?

Hey all,
Iam needing to get some rain gear and dont want to spend alot of money,but dont want the cheep stuff either, I have some money to spend at Cabela's, but if any of you have a better idea,
Old 08-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Raingear?

Cabelas Rain Suede is fairly inexpensive and yet of decent quality. Cabelas also carried Mad Dog "Prowler" rainsuits that were relatively inexpensive and yet also of decent quality.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:56 PM

Just this spring I invested in a set of StormTex, from BassPro. This stuff is great. It breathes fairly well, not great, but fairly well, but will definetly keep you dry. I was fishing in the perverbial monsoon one day, kept me dry as a bone. You can get the set for like......90 bucks I think.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Dicks and they have a 2 piece rain suit that was $99. They are marked down to $49. Seemed to have plenty of themThis is not a PVC type suit. It has a soft outer layer (fairly quiet) and was in a Camo pattern. It looked like the field and Stream suit that they normally carry but seemed softer.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been in the market for new rain gear also. Last week I checked out Gander Mountain and found their Guide series rain garments were $69.99 each for pant and jacket. I really liked feel of the material. Light weight, packable,waterproof and available in 2 different camo patterns. The one thing that kept me from buying them was the waterproof lining. When worn next to the skin it almost feels like you're wearing a sweatsuit. And the garment didn't seem very breathable. I broke a sweat just wearing the jacket 5min indoors.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:34 AM

frogg toggs , surprised's no ones heard of them. They just started making camo sets about a yr ago. Work great and priced good as well.