Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Another No-peep review

Old 07-21-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Another No-peep review

First of all - Thanks to everyone here, I would have never heard of the no-peep unless I was an avid reader here

Sorry if I am boring everyone to tears with yet another no-peep review, but I have been dying to try one and have to post about it.

So, got it via USmail today. Immediately installed it on the bow, in between my quiver mount and the sight mount. I did not want to disturb my perfect tuning, so I left the sight alone and opted for that setup. I set it up in front of the sight and down low.. it sits about 4" closer to me than the pins are and its out of the sight window completely.

In the directions it tells you to take the peep sight off first. I did not do this, because my bow is sighted in perfect with the peep. Instead, after installing the no-peep sight, I drew back my bow with release and had my wife adjust the no-peep until I could see the dot in the ring perfectly. I chose to do this because my peep setup was already next to perfect and it felt really well while shooting as far as anchor point, form, etc.

So by now its about 10pm at night. I go out to the garage, flip on my twin xenon worklights, and begin to shoot at my foam target. It was VERY disconcerting not having my peep sight to look through.. I found myself subconsciously looking for it over and over again. I managed to get off a shaky shot and still hit the target. After that, I settled down and kept backing up. Here in the city, I only get about a 20-yard shot into my garage from my driveway.

After shooting multiple shots out to 20 yards, I can only conclude that I love this thing!!! It gets comfortable SO fast and my groups thus far are quite fantastic (although, my excitement must not override the truth that at 20 yards, my aim is not BETTER than with the peep). I am getting up at the crack of dawn before work tomorrow and heading off to the range for a more extensive test.

I think what excites me most is how fast I can get on-target. With the peep I developed a bad habit of 'searching' for the peep sight, rather than finding my anchor FIRST and then looking through the peep. With the no-peep, it FORCES me to draw properly and reach full anchor. At that point, I am already lined up, and its a quick glance to confirm. SWEET!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another No-peep review

Hey,sounds like you found a winner there.Glad to here its working out good for you.
When I set mine up my first time,I wish I had my wife or friend to help with the adjusting,wouldive made life alot easier on me.I never realized just how touchy those little buggers could be
I have never heard of mounting it between your quiver mount and site mount.But if it works----GREAT.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

say good-bye to that peep forever!!
Old 07-30-2005, 02:24 PM

Peep sights s*&$ !!!
Old 07-30-2005, 07:43 PM

I set mine up myself first and it was a bugger. I set my buddies up for him while he was a full draw and it was alot quicker. I can't remember ever using a peep sight
and don't think I ever will. Mine is set up over my sight bracket but under my quiver mount. I needed to get longer screws.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

You are right on target!

This is my fourth season with mine . . . yseterday for the first time since last September I shot the No Peep poped into view just as though it had only been a day or two since I had shot instead of 11 months. Six of 8 arrows [I didn't want toshoot too much and over tax my muscles in the first outing]were in the kill zone of my 3-D target and 5 of those 6 were tightly grouped in the heart.

Enough Said?