Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

A couple of questions?

Old 07-20-2005, 09:32 PM

Default A couple of questions?

First, I am looking for a new Arrow. I have Easton A/C/C's at the moment but dont wanna spend that much. When i got the bow they come with it. I am looking for a good arrow that will carry my Thunderhead 100gr. to the dead zone. I was looking at the Easton Axis. Are them a good choice? I can get a dozen of them for $95 with blazers. Is there any other arrow i should consider?

Second, I am looking into getting a new sight. I am looking at a Trophy Ridge 3-Pin Matrix Guide Series. I can get it for $100 from the local shop cause of a sale thats goin on right now. Is there any other sight i should consider or will this we good for me? I want a sight that I will be able to see in low-light conditions.
PLEASE HELP ME
Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 PM

Default RE: A couple of questions?

arrow wise i am shooting GT expediation hunters and they fly great. I have heard good things about the Axis arrows tho. Sight wise, i had a trophy ridge sight and i didnt think that it was very bright at all. I would reccomend the cobra sidewinder to you. Its a very nice and very bright sight
Old 07-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

There are alot of respectable carbon arrows on the market. The Axis are good shafts but I have not found them to be significantly better than the conventional ICS style Eastons on the market (Redlines, Excels, etc....) Beman (owned by Easton) also makes a very durable shaft in their ICS Hunters. Price on all of the above should be even less than what you quoted for the Axis.

As for sights, I tend to prefer Copper John, Spott Hogg and the higher end Cobra models. All are very well made and provide very bright aiming points.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

If you are looking for what other people use on this board you will find many answers! I shoot gt 55/75 and a Toxonics sight but you will find other people use many differant combos. Use what makes YOU happy!

SF
Old 07-22-2005, 08:59 PM

I think the Axis arrows with Blazers are a steal for $95. I shoot Carbon Express myself but that is because they are the arrows that I found work the best for my setup and I don't have a lot of money to try a bunch of different brands.

I don't think you will be happy with the TR if you are looking for a bright sight. I used one last year and it was OK but my HHA is much brighter. If you want a multi pin sight, look at the Cobra models. They are very bright also. If you do get the TR, buy the LED light for it. The light also helps during the daytime.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey there Swamper!

I bought my Axis's off of e-bay for 69.00 U.S. ,so check them out there ,you might find the same deal .As for the TR ,I'm not very partial to them ,I use the Sure Loc Lethal Weapon right now ,but mainly I use my Spott Hogg Real Deal for summer 3D ,the only problem with it is that I found the pin's didn't stay lit up long enough for hunting and found myself leaving my stand pre maturely while hunting .There is a way around that though ,1] buy the light package for it .2] buy the longer fiber's that fit your pin's run them through a small tube and tie wrap them to your sight bracket . I usually put on myImpact ArcheryCosmic for hunting ,because you can see the pin all night long .But I read here where someone mentioned buying the HHA sight which are good sight's as well [very bright ]
The Cosmic and some of the HHA sight's are 1 pin sight's but work very well for hunting as long as you know your limit's .The Spott Hogg's are tough as nail's and I'd love to use it for hunting ,but I love the brightness of the Cosmic.

nubo