Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HIND SIGHT

Old 07-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default HIND SIGHT

I finally gotthe Hind Sight on my bow and took the peep sight off. Man I wish I would have done this last year. I love it. To me the sight window is a lot clearer and my groups have tightened up. The only draw back is when shooting at a white target, it is hard to see the four fingers on the rear aparature. BUT on a 3-D target it shows up perfect. Took a little bit of time to get adjusted, but now that that part is done, it's great. Any one else use this sight?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HIND SIGHT

I had one on my bow for about two months and I just took it off and went back to the peep sight. I just could not get it tuned to where my groups were as tight as I wanted them. There is no doubt that the Hind Sight is a quality product and I think, had I started with this method I would be shooting great with it. It definately teaches you great form because it forces you to hold your bow the same way every single shot. I simply could not shoot tight enough groups with it. I changed back to my conventional sight and sighted in a 20, 30, and 40 yard pin in just 30 minutes. A peep is just better for me. I am glad that you like it and are shooting well with it. Good luck with it!!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

To each his own have had mine for four years now and love
it,good check for form,like it in my ground blind,works great!

Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 PM

I am so glad to hear something about the Hind Sight. I can no longer see through my peep effectively and I am considering the Hind Sight. I am a little confused as which one to get. I'll take any advice given. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:25 PM

In my case I went straight to the Hind sight , never shooting a peep before. I love it and will not ever go to a peep.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:40 PM

I noticed several different Hind Sights from just the back part up to the one piece with the sight on it. Which is the best for the money? Cabelas ranges from $30 to $105. Hind Sight II $30, Hind Sight Extreme $50, and Hind Sight Crossfire $105. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:08 AM

I've had mine for awhile now,once i got it set in it's worked great,

I've been thinking of changing to an ATC archery scope,But they say you should use a peep with one of those,And I'm just not comfortable with a peep,

But the hind sight has been great,using it with a kisser button has given me almost perfect aim,(except for human error,I tend to shake a bit)So I am hitting in the area of the bullseye,but not dead center.

Just work with the sight pins and remember when you move the pin,move the hind sight the same way,and just aim off the short yardege pin,Get a good lock on the short shot pin and then look at the next pin placing it on the target underneath the hind sight,That was the hardest part for me to get used to,lol.I wanted to line each pin up in the sight.Did not work.lol.[X(]
Old 07-15-2005, 09:11 AM

I noticed several different Hind Sights from just the back part up to the one piece with the sight on it. Which is the best for the money? Cabelas ranges from $30 to $105. Hind Sight II $30, Hind Sight Extreme $50, and Hind Sight Crossfire $105. Thanks.

Well I got the Extreme from Hind sights website and payed like $40,the best bet I would say would be to get the hind sight then find the sights you like the best,because the crossfire will come with their choice of sights,and those sights may not be right for you.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with wisccrman13. I got the Hind Sight Extreme and went back to my single pin Impact Archery sight. If you get the Cross Fire you may not like the sight it's self. Go with the Extreme and use your own sight. Just MHO.