Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

GKF Infiniti

Old 06-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default GKF Infiniti

I saw this rest mentioned in an earlier thread (BGFisher) and am trying to find some info on it. I have looked at the web site and talked to a local shop about it, neither were of much help, although the local guy did his best at the time.

I would like to know how this rest would do in a hunting situation? How it would be on a tec riser, will it fit or do I need an adaptor? How much noise can I expect? And, they come with four sets of pronges. What do you think a guy would use, or need, four sets for?

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GKF Infiniti

Nodog,

I just looked at mine on my SlayR and I don't think you'll have any trouble at all mounting it on a Tech riser. I know the riser has an indentation that doesn't allow some rests to mount without a spacer plate behind them, but I don't think you'd need one. If you should then NAP makes them as some of their rests don't fit. The problem is they are only half thick enough so you'd need two, but I don't think you'll need it.

The Infiniti drop away is by far the smoothest dropper I've shot so far, and I had nine droppers on my bow last year. The reason for four different launcher styles is because different people like different styles for different archery disciplines (target, 3D, hunting, etc.). I have the ones that are black and turned up at the ends. This seems to hold an arrow well without having to have an arrow holder of sorts on the bow or some stick-on rubber guide on the riser shelf. I have mine turned out at about 45 degrees and shoot cock-vane down. Cock-vane up gave me some clearance issues. One of the things I like about it is that the cord attaches to the outside of the riser away from the arrow-pass. It doesn't have to attach to the down cable from this position. Ihave mine attached toa Vital Bow Gear cable slide. I'm not totally sure, but I think BowTech or Diamond has a slide similar to it.
The rest is micro-adjustable for everything you're gonna do with it. I don't know if GKF quit making them, but you could try Lancaster Archery Supply. They aren't as widely used as many is probably why you have trouble finding them. A lot of guys don't have any trouble dropping $700 or $800 for a bow, but then scrimp when it comes to accessories and this is a $100+ rest at most places, but well worth the money.

Wish you luck.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just looking at Lancaster's catalog and didn't see the Infiniti dropper in there. Maybe a call to GKF would help.

Anothr rest I have seen but interests me is the Cavalier Avalanche. Quad Ultra is worth a look, but I'd have do do away with that stupid capture bar on top.

As for the Cavalier? I know a guy that shoots one (he's a staff shooter for BowTech) and he won his class at the Harrisburg ASA shoot a couple weeks ago, so the rest must work. He's on this site, known as Matt/Pa. Look him up. Maybe he can expand on it.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto on BG's comments. I have the Infiniti mounted on one of my bows as well. It has served as an excellent hunting rest for me on several occasions. Its compactness and ruggedness make it ideal, in my opinion, for most hunting situations.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the well wishes, Pa and BG

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

One of the things I like about it is that the cord attaches to the outside of the riser away from the arrow-pass. It doesn't have to attach to the down cable from this position. I have mine attached to a Vital Bow Gear cable slide. I'm not totally sure, but I think BowTech or Diamond has a slide similar to it.
I had a chance to talk to a Hoyt rep today and he was positive there were no issues with the riser. He did recommend serving the cord to the down cable. The guard is a good idea, maybe it's a Hoyt thing. They are a bit pricey, $125., but the recommendation you gave was that it is worth the money and I can't recall the last time I've heard a better one.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are a bit pricey, $125., but the recommendation you gave was that it is worth the money and I can't recall the last time I've heard a better one.
They definitely are pricey but then again they are probably the highest quality rest I have ever had the privelege of using. Worth every penny in my opinion.